Thanks BOC

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Ulikedew, Jul 17, 2008.

1. Ulikedew

Ulikedew New Member

State:
    Georgetown IN
    I have noticed since I have joined this great site a change in my fishing.For one I have been firmly been converted to using circle hooks.My hookups have greatly improved due to them.I would have never switched without seeing other testimonials of catches using circle hooks.To the numerous people who have posted reviews on them I say thank you.

The other thing I have noticed is I am helping other people out more.Went to the Falls of the Ohio today and helped out 3 people.One was this guy I showed him how to rig up his pole and helped him out bait wise.He had been fishing for about 3 hours with no bite till I gave him pointers.In no time he started catching flatheads and the biggest was a 10 pd blue.It was more fun watching him catch fish.Also had two kids come up and they basically had stinkbait for bait.Which I knew wasn't going to help them out in the current.I rigged up their poles and told them how to catch some skipjack.Tossed them some bait I had leftover and hit the road so I don't know how good their day turned out.

Now where else can you have day like this and have people that can relate to a good day of fishing.So when you have a few extra bucks buy you a t-shirt or a membership card.The funds go right back keeping this site being the best out there.

Felt pretty good helping someone get hooked on fishing.Might be out some weights and hooks but oh well I had fun showing them a better way to fish.I have finally cooled down some now I get to go out a clean my cats. Hmmmmmm I can taste them right now.

2. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Good for you Brian, way to represent. Got some reps for ya.

3. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    rig them boys up with some tampons did ya.... what a guy! :smile2:

4. farmer

farmer New Member

State:
    Osceola, MO
    Great job. I'm sure those people really learned something today that they will never forget.

5. Ulikedew

Ulikedew New Member

State:
    Georgetown IN
    Haven't tried those yet in the river.Today was a catch the bait take it off the hook and onto another hook day.

6. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

I see Brian's post being moved to BOC testimonials no matter what kind of bait he told 'em to use. You DO seem obsessed with that though Adam. :smile2:

Hope it doesn't get moved TOO soon however. I like GC, lots of various topics are discussed here, and lots of folks read it. :cool2:

7. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Thats the biggest difference between catmen and women and the bass guy's. We are all willing and happy to help out fellow catmen by taking the time to pass on what we have learned over the years. The bass guy's wouldn't give you the time of day. Not trying to pick on the bass guy's, just my observation over time.

8. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    This is precisely what the BOC is all about. Sharing and helping others. Thank you for spreading our good name out to the massess!

9. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    GOOD DEEDS MY FRIEND GOOD DEEDS

10. jagdoctor1

jagdoctor1 New Member

State:
    CA/AZ
    I personally find that the main differences are this. My catches are steadily getting larger. More importantly this site and the stories about people taking there children out fishing has inspired me to be more patient and take my 2 girls more often. I thank you all for the many points of view on things!

Attached Files: