Thanks be to the moderators !!

Discussion in 'LOCAL NORTH CAROLINA TALK' started by Bryan8552, Aug 7, 2008.

1. Bryan8552

Bryan8552 New Member

State:
    nc
    I would just like to thank the moderators for allowing these disagreements to continue without the pulling of threads and the deleting of posts. There was a time, not so long ago, that half of everything I had to say was being deleted. At one point in time I was totally blown away by how the overall flavor of some threads was being controlled by the deletion and editing of posts by the moderators. If I hadn't known better I would've thought this site was being managed by "RED" China or the Soviets. I decided at that time, that I would never again make a monetary contribution to this site. I am slowly but surely changing my mind. I am a freedom loving American and I'm not at all used to having to be careful about what I say. Thanks again and keep up the good work !!

2. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    This is about getting facts and opinion on a HOT TOPIC out in the open. If people get pissed off, well, they need to have a shot of liquor and lighten up some! :smile2:

The debate, and education on this matter, is being fueled and led by a VERY SMALL FEW folks that have the guts to step up and voice their opinion on the matter from both sides. There are HUNDREDS that are lurking and not saying a word, except in PM's e-mails, and phone calls. :wink:

I respect the opinion of both sides, and part of my "pot stirring" is to bring out more opinions and ideas. We are getting out some good facts and ideas, and Cobra is a good example of someone who appears to manage his jug fishing well.

I love this crap.... :tounge_out:

3. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    Catfish1 is still as focused as ever, the content you mention is just falling within BOC guidelines to stay in the members view.

To cut loose, in total freedom, in the wild west, I would reccomend http://www.catfishtalk.com

Be cautious, the freedom you crave will come full circle on the catfishtalk platform. Abrupt opinions, high emotions, non-rated language, and so forth. Feelings take a side cart.

4. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    I find it easy to voice my opinion here, you just have to do it in a professional manner.

5. WylieCat

State:
    NC
    Ya, them sunglasses look dorky CC....:smile2:

6. cobra

cobra New Member

State:
    north carolina
    now i see people talking about cutting limb lines, trot lines and picking up jugs
    you know that is you do that to items like these mentioned and they are tagged , you can get yourself in a heap of trouble, the commerical guys will make your life a real nightmare you start messing with the way they make a living, and i myself have a commerical permit so better leave my jugs alone cause if i catch you fooling with my jugs i gonna be that nightmare! lol:wink:

now as for killing to many fish, never happen if you use a circle hook and file the barb off and if the fish is stuck deep just cut your line and the hook will just rust away and will not hurt a fish, i have caught blues at santee cooper with hooks down in the belly and the fish was in very good condition in fact weighed over 39 pounds

if you use jugs right you don't hurt the fish because it is not like yank and reel like the so called rr guys

7. WylieCat

State:
    NC
    "...now i see people talking about cutting limb lines, trot lines and picking up jugs..."

Ya, I don't advocate doing anything illegal just because you don't like the form of fishing. Of course if jugs or limb lines are illegal or improperly marked in your area I have no problem with removing them, but to do it out of spite is not right.

Sometimes people speak out of anger and say things they would probably not do if they were in that situation. :wink:

I think all of this talk is getting some people to vocalize their frustrations from both sides of the fence. Hopefully everyone will understand that and no long term feelings of anger will remain, and we will all be able to better the sport in the end.

8. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    Wow! A jug fisherman with a commerical permit! :smile2: