·
Registered
OkC Oklahoma
282 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #724
Good morning from Lake Norman, where it's dang cold (27 degrees), with a high somewhere around 52.

I see where some of y'all have been watching Dieter Melhorn's videos. Now here is the story behind the story on one of his videos >>> (482) CBMIGP | The United States Catfish Association Forum and Community (catfish1.com) . Dieter joined the Carolina Catfish Club some time in 2003 when I was president of the club and I took him under my wing and taught him a few thing about catfishing and gave him guidance in other areas relating to catfishing.

Here is a video that Cheap would enjoy, but he can not or will not join the provider of this video >>> Facebook

Once a nurse, always a nurse. The Squaw has just finished her six week recovery period from her surgery. Now she's visiting with a female friend who just had some surgery (30 inches long) around her belly area due to problems from previous surgeries which would not heal properly. The surgery required some temporary drainage areas and the Squaw is helping this lady with these drainage ports and also washed her hair for her yesterday. This lady is legally blind. The Squaw is wearing her facemask/face shield and latex gloves to do these task. I don't like the situation, but it is what it is.

Don't forget >> do unto others as you would have them do unto you, IJS.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
I sent a message to the big 4 lakes about habitat day, they are canceled this year. Yesterday I carried 2 Christmas trees to Butla and dropped off at one of the boat ramps. I met a COE ranger and asked about a calendar, she calls the office. They don't have any calendars. Well heck, drive 125 mile round trip for a free one or buy one near me. Guess I'll buy.
I stopped by a store to place an order for ten 15 packs of Keystone Ice for Friday pick up. The manager said, did you look at the display? I ordered 20 last week, there were 19 in the display. I got my 10.
My son bought 3 boxes of 9mm ammo last week for $75. Didn't look in the bag, they are 38 spl. Adam will meet me later today to buy them for $90. Can't find any ammo less than $40 per box now.

·
Registered
Neill from NW Arkansas
1,072 Posts
We actually lost a cat when our house burned to the ground 20 years ago. We thought she might have been lost to the fire but a year later she returned. She had developed some feral behavior, but oddly enough she still loved me and made up to me. She never got used to Jeannie again and hated all the other animals but made up to me for the rest of her days.

·
Registered
Neill from NW Arkansas
1,072 Posts
The fishing forecast on my Garmin said today was an "excellent" day and the weather is lovely. I intended to go but Sweet Wife had a biopsy on a breast lump yesterday. She is very sore and under the weather so I stayed home to dote on her.
Maybe later in the month there will be a decent day to go.:)

·
Premium Member
23,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #732

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
It took 6 1/2 hours to get signed up for the vaccine today. I got an appointment for 02/02/2021. I clicked on the spot to add a family member. I get started answering questions about Debbie and get a rejection. Try again, same thing.
I go to email, write my comp number down a put it in my wallet, got to have it to get the shot. I get another email that says, we didn't order enough shots. If you have a comp for a shot we have one for you. We will update the sight when we get new shipments.
Debbie checks at a few websites. Some people that have had round one are ready for round two. Hope they got signed in. The next shipment should be here 02/15/2021.

·
Registered
Steven from Georgia
818 Posts
Kieth,
Neighbors down the street like to leave front door open. There having a problem with there young male dog running off any chance he gets. Now he has figured out to open the storm door. And hes gone again!

Weathers lining up for a front to move in friday and blow out saturday. Looks like another crappy weekend for fishing.

·
Old Squeezer
21,856 Posts
THINGS I WILL WON'T DO TODAY.
It's cold and raining.
Anything outside.
Anything that involves wearing shoes.
Anything that requires wearing pants. Bathrobe - probably - likely -
Stop smoking.
Stop procrastinating.

Anything that cannot be accomplished while sitting in my recliner with the computer on my lap while watching TV.

Life is good! :coffee:

·
Registered
OkC Oklahoma
282 Posts
THINGS I WILL WON'T DO TODAY.
It's cold and raining.
Anything outside.
Anything that involves wearing shoes.
Anything that requires wearing pants. Bathrobe - probably - likely -
Stop smoking.
Stop procrastinating.

Anything that cannot be accomplished while sitting in my recliner with the computer on my lap while watching TV.

Life is good! :coffee:
I’m with you on that, Russ. It’s not really cold here, but windy (26 mph), not raining either.
So, I might go get some tackle that I’m sure I’ll need in a couple of months.
Line for leaders, swivels, bigger hooks. You know, the basics that you can never have too much of. 😀😀

721 - 740 of 936 Posts