The United States Catfish Association Forum and Community banner

681 - 700 of 936 Posts

·
Old Squeezer
21,856 Posts
I got up at the crack of 10:38.
Yesterday was a laid back - do nothing day and I didn't get finished so I will continue on today.
It's cold outside and I'm not. Werks* for me.

*katfishkenny learnt me that wurd.

·
Premium Member
10,943 Posts
Beautiful day here. I got the boat all rigged up and ready last night so I could get an early start today. Supposed to be sunny and 74 degrees with a light westerly wind.

OK, I"M LYING. It's cloudy and cold here like everywhere else. But MAN I hate winter. Just that few seconds of dreaming sure felt nice. If you want to join me, just bring your own PFD and go back to the first paragraph.

:);):cool::rolleyes::giggle::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee:

·
Premium Member
23,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #685
Tom W., I didn't dream going, but my neighbor called and said he would swing by and get me, I said, come on. Now it wasn't 73 degrees here, but 34. Walking down the gangplank to the floating dock, I had a small mishap. The gangplank had a tad of ice still on it, so I was taking small steps and holding onto the rail, but when I put my bad leg (kneecap problems) down on the dock, it went out from under me and folded back. I just knew I had screwed it up again, but not so, thanks to who ever was watching over me.

Aaron had the boat set up to fish for catfish/hybrid/spotted bass. I kept some of the white perch to be fired later with the bone in. Video in the AM if they come out OK.

·
Premium Member
10,943 Posts
Glad your knee turned out to be ok Mac. Us old farts get in trouble easier so to balance that out, it takes longer to get over it. Doesn't seem fair but that is the way it is.

I think if I say "Watch your ice" you will get the point.

·
Registered
OkC Oklahoma
282 Posts
If this video happened in Missouri (which it isn't) there would have been gunfire. Copious amounts of gunfire and adult language in several dialects.

If it happened in Oklahoma, the gunfire would STILL be going on.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
35 feels like 29 NNE 8 mph wind.
White and light blue (snow) is showing on the weather map from Hot Springs to Arkansas City, AR to Grenada to Macon MS. My best chance to see snow will be from 4 to 11 am. Might be another day of not getting out.
I watched the Zoom Dealer's auction from 12:30 to 6:40 pm and didn't buy a thing. A lot of stuff I didn't want or to many to buy for a good deal, no sporting goods.
Saturday night's auction an item was run, it got almost to 2/3's retail. Some was bought then another Zoom viewer offered a lower price for what was left. The seller agreed to it. I tried that a couple of weeks ago when the seller had spinning reels. No, you have to buy them at bid price. That was from the auctioneer's son not the seller. I'll bring it to the auctioneers attention soon.

·
Premium Member
23,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #691
Today isn't going to be my kind of day for outside activities, IJS. Current temp is 31 degrees with a high of 44 and some time around first light tomorrow it will be 30. Wind out of the West and partly cloudy. But, this being Monday, it's my day to make a garbage run to deposit my recyclable items and regular household garbage.

True to my word, here are some small fish videos from my trip with Aaron.

GOPR1719/Lake Norman/Jan. 10, 2021 - YouTube
GOPR1718/Lake Norman/Jan. 10, 2021 - YouTube
GOPR1717/Lake Norman/Jan. 10, 2021 - YouTube
GOPR1533/Lake Norman/Jan. 10, 2021 - YouTube

Y'all have a good one, you hear.

·
Registered
Steven from Georgia
818 Posts
Happy belated birthday Troy,
Congrats on the ducks. When it comes to the Mergie. I remember something about a marinade. Hang it on a board for a couple of days. Then, eat the board.

So far the 2 things i notice the most about getting long in the tooth. Less energy and alot less healing power. Seems if i really hurt something, it takes for ever to get it well.

Its 37 here. I just took the dogs for a stroll. Supposed to rain this evening.

·
Premium Member
Bill. South Dakota
1,970 Posts
Lows in the 20s for next couple days. Highs of upper 30s then almost 50. Nice for January. Sun may even peak out abit.

When it really icey in spots ma says I walk like a penguin. Do need to rebuild hand rail on steps out to shop. She dont like my idea of just a couple fence posts and 2by. White paint will cover my haphazard wood work. Also keep some ice melt near door in old coffee can. Open door throw a bit on steps, drink coffee, head out.

That abu 5000 casts great with 4 oz.

Later

·
Registered
OkC Oklahoma
282 Posts
If/ when we get ice here, and I have to go out in it, I have absolutely no worries about falling.
Devices for the boots called “Stablicers”, grip into the ice so I can walk and stay upright.
I got mine from Amazon.

Attachments

681 - 700 of 936 Posts