The United States Catfish Association Forum and Community banner

1 - 20 of 943 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to y'all for carrying on the Rambling tradition, and thank you LORD for giving Frankie and myself another day to celebrate this day.

Normally we have nine people sitting around the big table for holidays, but considering this virus in still here and less not forget the flu season. So, the Squaw and myself and going to visit Cracker Barrell and use their drive thru to get our turkey, dressing, gravy, corn bread and candid yams. Now I've got to go back and close the other thread according to traditon.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Yesterday was busy. Debbie said she had drugs that needed picked up. A few items needed from 2 stores. When I got back home the hen was in the pot on the stove. She got the granddaughter to help. Debbie went to laughing. When Kayla was getting the hen ready for the pot she was pulling the packs from the inside. Oh my gosh, it's a male hen, they packed it's penis.
Pulled the meat from the hen and added it to a pot of dressing. It's been in the fridge overnight to marry. Sasha had a feast on the scrap, no bones and wouldn't share with the kittens. I pulled a pack of crappie from the freezer for dinner. I bought a crinkle cut potato cutter years ago and used it for the first time last night on red potatoes. Stick the potato in to make the first slices. Then flip the potato around for the second slice. Can't do that, I had pieces of potato flying all over the kitchen. Can cut up to 3 slices the second time.
It was dark and quite at the fire pit last night. The crazy neighbor didn't have his 200 lights on for a change. None of his buddies came by so Sasha didn't have anything to bark at.
Happy Thanksgiving to all, enjoy your day.

·
Premium Member
Bill. South Dakota
1,970 Posts
Heard of one good thing from this covid thing. Seems some family's table has cardboard cutouts of others normally there. Those folks found out they need less food at table. They need less in alcoholic beverages. There are no broken dishes, lamps, coffe tables, etc from knockdown dragout fights over politics. No major complaints of lackof or not cooked right foods. There can be good things from some bad things.

Do not know if some cutouts are getting stabbed or shot. If so, no need to call police. Of course some are virtual meals. Puter images of all around the table. Imagine there will be some laptops sold on black Friday.

Later

·
Registered
OkC Oklahoma
282 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sorta like a Spring day here on Lake Norman, high of 69, overnite low of 41, partly cloudy after the FOG lifts and some wind out of the North.

The grub we picked up a Cracker Barrel for our Thanksgiving meal was OK for store bought.

Truckgrandpa, nice to have you visit us, stick around a spell, you hear.

Y'all wouldn't believe all the food our friends have delivered to the Shanty in the past two weeks. Not only good healthy food, but plenty of the sweet stuff.

Since the Squaw got her catheter removed she has moved from the guest bed back into the big bed with you know who. Also the dogs that can get in the bed from jumping up to it have joined us.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
I woke at 3:10 with a tooth ache. Turned the coffee pot on and got online. Ate a bit and took some drugs. Back to bed at 6:40 and slept till 9:30. Back to the computer and check local dentist. Most all are closed until Monday. The ones that did answer a call are busy. Looks to be a long weekend.

·
Old Squeezer
21,858 Posts
If this video happened in Missouri (which it isn't) there would have been gunfire. Copious amounts of gunfire and adult language in several dialects.

1 - 20 of 943 Posts