Thanking my lucky stars!!

Discussion in 'LOCAL CALIFORNIA TALK' started by fshnutz, Nov 4, 2007.

1. fshnutz

fshnutz New Member

State:
    Sacramento California
    Well, I'm alive......thank god. This morning on my way to work a Chevy Impala ran a red light going over 40 mph and T-boned me. My poor little truck is a complete mess. He hit the passenger side hard. The entire side is crushed in, door is stuck shut. All 4 tires are flat, drive shaft is broken, transmission is toast, and the bed is bent. I ended up facing the other direction on top of the center divide, I nearly flipped. I don't know how I walked away without a scratch!! I'm glad to report that my G-Loomis is fine:smile2:. I'm glad my guardian angel had his coffee this morning and was ready for action. Anyway, this should put a damper on my fishing for a while, but that's life and the least of my worries. I hope you all have a better day than I am having!:tounge_out:
    Linz

2. Cattledogz

Cattledogz Active Member

State:
    NC
    I am glad you got through this without injury! That in itself makes this a great day and a day for you to be thankful for. :big_smile:

Perhaps you will end up with an even better fishing truck out of all this! :big_smile:

3. Sharkaddict

Sharkaddict New Member

State:
    California
    Well its good to hear you are alright. Hopefully everything works out, and you can get back to fishing ASAP.

4. plumbertom1

plumbertom1 Well-Known Member

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    Good to know you weren't injured.
    Did the Impala driver Have a license and registration and insurance?
    Were they in the country legally?
    Did the attending officer write a citation for the red light?

5. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Linz... I' glad your ok..... and the other pole too.....You've been doing so good with the fishing..... How's the insurance of he other guy?

bayrunner ray

6. vini

vini New Member

State:
    Fresno
    2 people killed Friday on 99 in a over 100 car and truck pile up, your a lucky man today Linz, yes I believe in angels to........been there.

7. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Linz glad to hear you came out of it with out a scratch bro :big_smile:

8. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Glad to hear your OK. Good luck on another truck. At least you saved the pole!! LOL

9. fshnutz

fshnutz New Member

State:
    Sacramento California
    Thanks guys. They havn't caught the other guy, he fled the scene. I couldn't get a hold of my insurance company yesterday (figures) so am going to get the ball rolling this morning. I'll keep ya posted.
    Thanks,
    Linz

10. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Linz.... so sorry to hear that the freeking butinski fled the scene.... there can't be that many chevie impalas.....where you live.... mostly cadalacs....:smile2:.....i'd rent a car for a week right now... and start looking for that.... alien .....

bayrunner ray

11. Jedi007

Jedi007 New Member

State:
    Chino Hills, California
    Who is your insurance company? That would concern me not being able to get a hold of them. I am licensed agent PM me if you want to discuss it in further detail. Hope everything works out for you.

12. PHLIPS4BIGKATS

PHLIPS4BIGKATS New Member

State:
    Alma Kansas
    Hope everything goes well for ya. God was lookin out for ya know dbout. When they catch who ever it was I hope they put him where he needs to be. A (6x6)!

13. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Dang Linster....Good to hear you OK. Last time I was logged on, you had just caught that nice striper.

14. fshnutz

fshnutz New Member

State:
    Sacramento California
    That's life I guess. One day I'm having the best day of my life......next day the worst!!!! It's a give and take world. I'll tell you one thing, next time I catch a big fish i'm going to walk to work the next day!!!!
    Linz:wink:

15. KnotGillty

KnotGillty New Member

State:
    Northern Califo
    Glad to hear that you are ok. But I must admit that I'm very surprised that your G-Loomis didn't break. While they have great attributes when the load is distributed along the length of the pole (fighting a fish), they are crap when it comes to indirect contact such as dropping the rod, accidentally hitting the tip on something when casting, etc.. Most people don't know how brittle they can be in non-fishing situations, thankfully they have a warranty. I won't bore you, but the higher the modulus rating, the more likely a rod will fail when it encounters unintended sudden impact. Good to hear you are safe.

16. fshnutz

fshnutz New Member

State:
    Sacramento California
    Thanks for the info...I didn't know that. I will make sure to be careful with it. Even though it has a lifetime replacement....it still costs $50 to replace. On a side note, I just found out that my truck is a total loss. This is actually the best news I could hope for. I have gap insurance. I owed a lot of money on that truck considering I had rolled a previous loan into this loan. I am out of a vehicle but also out of debt! ya! :big_smile:
    Linz

17. Sharkaddict

Sharkaddict New Member

State:
    California
    Well they always say everything happens for a reason.

18. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Linzter bubby! AWESOME news bro! Good to hear good fortune:wink: Now go get ya a wheels and go get out there and get that dino:wink:

19. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    Hey Linz, glad you are ok! hope it all works out bro.

Jaime