Thanking Men/Women in uniform

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by kkyyoottee, Aug 31, 2007.

1. kkyyoottee

kkyyoottee New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I ask all of you when you see a person in uniform whether you agree with war or not to go up to them shake their hand and thank them for their service to our country!!!! I came home from Viet Nam and got nothing what a empty feeling. So please show these brave men and women a vote of thanks!!!! And remember them in your prayers!!! Our troops deserve this!!! No matter how you feel!!! They give it all and some give the ultimate sacrifice. So please thank them!!!

2. FishinginDavenport

FishinginDavenport New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I agree....Something else to think about is to thank those of us who served during those times when we werent the most favorite class of US citizens. One of the nicest things I have seen was at one the stock car races is Davenport this year. They asked prior military to stand up and get a hand from the crowd. Then they asked active duty to stand and get a hand. It was the first time I have ever received such a thing. It was a very nice gesture.

3. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Don't know if you heard but a bill was just passed recently that allows all military members and ALL VETERANS to Salute the Flag during the Nation Anthem regardless of being in uniform or civilian clothes, instead of placing the hand over heart like others do. This should give a good idea to others of the amount of folks who have sacraficed for the Freedoms of this country.

mike

4. River Hobo

River Hobo New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    I always do Will and now I'd like to thank you for doing it too.
    And thanks for VN too, I would have thanked you then but I was like 6 :big_smile:

5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    I totally agree with this. I also daily pray for our troops, even though I disagree with this war.:0a27::0a27::0a31:

6. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    Great point, Mickey. Although one may not agree with the war, we must ALWAYS support out troops and everyone affiliated with serving our country.

7. chambers bd

chambers bd New Member

State:
    Sautee,Geo
    any vet wants to go fishing ill, may not be the best fisherman but ill take you.:smile2: take you