Thank you guys

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by ramon06, Oct 31, 2009.

1. ramon06

ramon06 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    For making me an ABU believer. Have had this Reel for 2 weeks now, matched up with a 8' Glow Stickand finally got a few sizeable fish today. caught a 27, 32 and a 44 back to back to back on the same piece of Eel, the 6500C3 handled the fish well. Couldnt bully the fish like with the Penn's but none theless the important part was landing the fish. Thank you all and here's some pics to enjoy, by the way they were caught from a Dock/Pier on the James River :wink:

Last edited: Oct 31, 2009
  2. ramon06

State:
    Alabama
    Sorry the site wont let me post the pics again, they are on a post in the Virginia Rivers Talk section

3. catwhisper

catwhisper New Member

State:
    georgia
  4. whiteriver

whiteriver New Member

State:
    in
    Congratulations Ramon; Isn't it sweet when a plan comes together! By-The-Way, Happy Halloween. ((:)crazy:)))

Last edited: Oct 31, 2009
  5. fishstick

fishstick New Member

State:
    Fouke, Arkansas
    ramon, fighting a good blue with lightweight reels are alot more fun than overpowering them with the heavy gear. congrats on the nice fish.

6. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

Congrats on the good fishin brother!:cool2:

7. ramon06

State:
    Alabama
    I agree, fun it was. The 44Lber was staying on the bottom most of the way in but when he got by the dock man did he raise hell lol. I havent had that kind of fun reeling in a fish in a very long time. I thought i would lose him numerous times but the 6500, 65 PP and the Circle did their job on each fish. They were all fun, I had a blast.

8. alton

alton New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Ramon Great fish and I could not agree with you more in regard to the deadly combo you mentioned. Abu 6500 - #65 Power Pro and circle hooks.
    Tough to beat. Good luck.

9. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    Congrats on the great sounding fish,, and the good tackle experience..

Thx, for the story and report:big_smile:

10. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Glad you made the right choice! :smile2:

11. SouthGADan

SouthGADan New Member

State:
    Lyons, GA
    Um, do you catch any small fish? :smile2: I know you caught some that trip, but it seems you're always catching the big ones. That's a lethal set-up for sure.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2009
  12. ramon06

State:
    Alabama
    I hardly ever catch amything under 8 LBs, well at least at the James, I have caught maybe 4 or 5 under 5LBs but I either catch 20+ or nothing 95% of the time lol. When I fish the Appomattox I usually catch 2-10LBers 98% of the time I have only caught 2 fish bigger than 10 at the App my PB 62 Blue and my PB 25 Channel