Thank You & God Bless to You Certain People

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by H2O Mellon, May 11, 2006.

1. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I am sitting here thinking how the "quality" of life or "quality" of our country seems to have went down hill & continues to go down hill since the WWII era. God is being taken out of just about everything possible. Respect for soliders, police, etc seems to be lacking. I am so thankfull for SOLIDERS (any armed forces branch), POLCIEOFFICERS (any lawenforcement actually), MEDICS, FIREMEN, etc....

The thanfull ness & respect may be lacking from some (or even the majoirty) but not from me & me family. Thank you all so much, espically those from the WWII era that are still living. You folks were the bravest generation our country may ever see.

2. DELLIS

DELLIS New Member

State:
    OHIO
    nicely put mellon thanks from me also and hats off to those that have and do risk their lives everyday to protect our freedom and to keep us safe :0a31:

3. kbgrillin

kbgrillin New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Same here. Thanks to all who wear a uniform.

4. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I couldn't have said it any better mellon. GOD BLESS all those people and THANK YOU!!!

5. bmaultbay

bmaultbay New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Thanks to all who are currently serving and to those who have served. My hats off to you.

6. Cattledogz

Cattledogz Active Member

State:
    NC
    Very well said and a great topic Mellon.
    A special Thank You and God Bless to all who serve this country and its citizens.

7. armynavy

armynavy New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Couldn't agree with ya more mellon, GOD bless each and every one.

8. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Take solace in the fact that God cannot be taken from our hearts

I believe that even when you think you have no more to give, when a friend cries out to you you will find the strength to help.

9. TA2D

TA2D New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Let me be the first to thank you Mellon! It is not very often that Vetrans get any respect nowadays. Everyone wants to be a Patriot, but not too many want to thank a Vet that served with their ass on the line everyday, for the freedoms that they have. Little story for the brothers. September 11, 2001, Okinawa, Japan its about 2230 (10:30), in the middle of a typhoon. Me and some buddies are racing the Indy 500 on NASCAR 2000 on the playstation. All of a sudden someone is running through the halls yelling "turn on CNN they just crashed a plane into the trade centers in NY. Some of us went to the commons room and turned on the big screen to see the horror that was unfolding half a world away. No time to grieve right now, a call had come down from the battaion commander Colonel Vasques, get your troops ready and on standby. It is now 2245, and I have watched the towers get hit, been told I am on "ready alert" and have all of my gear staged and ready to deploy, sitting in the commons area with 10-12 other guys going what the hell is happening? Is this what I signed on the dotted line for? I only have 6 months on island and I am out or am I? When the typhoon cleared out, I was put on a special deployment team that was on "ready alert" 24 hours a day 7 days a week til I had less than a month on island. Every day was nerve racking even til the end. Luckily I got out and didn't have to deploy to anywhere in the Mid-East, but 5 of the guys that were sitting in the commons room with me got shipped there shortly after I left, they all came back alive and well thank God! Again I thank all of you who support our military: Army, Navy, Air Force, MARINE CORPS, and Coast Gaurd, and all of the local Law Enforcement, Security Personel, Fire Fighters, EMT, all of our lives were changed on September 11, 2001, we will never be the same as we were then, we are now a much Stronger, Patriotic, and United States of America because of all of those with their asses on the line!

Semper Fi, and Godspeed to all who serve Past, Present and Future!

Aaron Drier CPL United States Marine Corps 1998-2002

TA2D

10. bubbajum

bubbajum New Member

State:
    Monongahel
    Amen to that....Thank

11. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    great Post Meiion And I Agree 100%. There Isn't Any Of Them Out There Gets Paid Enough Or Gets The Respect That They Fully Deserve. My Hat Is Off To All Of You. God Bless All Of You. Past ,present, And Future.

12. bubbajum

bubbajum New Member

State:
    Monongahel
    Amen to that....Thank you to all who serve!!

13. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    God bless American and all who make her great!

Eric

14. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Good post Bryan!

I try to say that in my signature.

15. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Well said Mellon. I think you touched a lot of hearts today .Can anyone else feel it?
    Good luck and may GOD bless us all:0a24:

16. trfoster

trfoster New Member

State:
    north carolina
    I feel ya brother,very well said!