Thank you for being my friend!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by tatersalad, Aug 2, 2006.

1. tatersalad

tatersalad New Member

State:
    Clover, SC
    Sorry to quote Bobby Beauche.

The recent passing of Deltalover made me realize a couple of things.

1) You never know how much time you have on this earth.
    2) You need to let people know how much they mean to you.

So, thank you all for being my friends, and for being my family. Some of you I have met and fished with. Some of you I have talked to on the phone. Some of you I have PM'd and posted with. Some of you don't know who the heck this 'tatersalad' guy is.

Some of you I have agreed with, and some of you I haven't.

I love you all, and want you all to know what a difference you, and the BOC, have made in my life.

i have started talking to God again, and have renewed my relationship with my Lord and personal savior Jesus Christ.

I believe again that people are inherently good.

I don't have any problem opening up and sharing my feelings with any single person on the the BOC.

I have friends.
    I have more family that I ever dreamed possible.

Thank you, more than you can know. And to every one here, I am here if you need me. All you have to do is let me know, and I will do whatever i can to help you with whatever you need.

It's been a long time since I felt this way.

:smile:

2. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    Hey Pete I have always believed to have a friend you must be a friend but your post is so true for me also

3. tatersalad

tatersalad New Member

State:
    Clover, SC
    thanks for the reply. Rep to you for being here.

4. tatersalad

tatersalad New Member

State:
    Clover, SC
    Thank you specially John! I can't wait to get up there. Remember, you always have a fishing buddy.

5. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    You said it for me too. Thank you Tatersalad

6. tatersalad

tatersalad New Member

State:
    Clover, SC
    I always enjoy your posts.

Can't wait to wet a line with ya!

7. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    I feel the same way Pete. You're right about one thing; we need to tell others how we feel before it's too late. All the good intentions don't make much difference if they are not expressed. I enjoy all the people here and look forward to reading the posts every day. Some I agree with, some I don't, but that's the way it is with family. I would do anything I could for any of these guys because they open their lives and share them with me. Good, bad, funny or sad, thanks for sharing!

8. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Hey Pete you always got a friend in Jersey if ya ever make it up here Id be happy to share a bank with ya or boat

9. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    Yea!And we all feel the same about you.Ain;t it great!peewee-williams

10. bigmike

bigmike New Member

State:
    Kankakee,Illinois
    Pete I am happy to say you and the BOC are family to me also and enjoy every minute I am on this website. I am also glad to here you have started up your relationship with God again. Just remember He is always listening and always there and you can not do anything to make Him turn His back on you. Much love and God Bless

11. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Pete, this place is the reason I now have two computers, LOL!!! I always had to fight for my time on the computer so i could get on here and see what happened to my brothers and sisters of the BOC family. Each person on here has a place in my life. I have met several (around 50) of you over the last two years and have yet to meet one that I didn't feel like I had known him all of my life.
    I know how you feel, and I am proud to call you Brother!!!

12. As close as we all are, makes me wish I could win a couple million dollars so I could travel and go fishing with you all. I love this family that much.

13. tatersalad

tatersalad New Member

State:
    Clover, SC
    Then I guess i'll have to make a point of coming to Jersey.

:cool2:

14. tatersalad

tatersalad New Member

State:
    Clover, SC
    Thanks for your responses. It is wild that you can feel so strongly about folks you only know from here, isn't it.

I am already planning several trips to fish with Brothers, and definitely will make it to the National Gathering next year.

15. DELLIS

DELLIS New Member

State:
    OHIO
    very well said pete it's nice to know we all have somewhere to turn when we just need to say or share something

16. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Well said Pete. This site restores your faith in that there is still alot of good people in the world and I'm proud to call you and everyone on this site Brother or Sister.

17. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Pete you are a good man brother, I enjoy the PM's and posts. Have a great one brother.

18. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    I agree with you completely! Thanks for posting!
    Bill

19. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    You said how I feel....................what else could I say.

20. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Cordova, TN
    Pete: if you were in therapy it would be said that you were making amazing progress!! It is markedly obvious to me that this site is very much a therapeutic community - a place where much personal disclosure happens, and where people, often in the midst of personal/family duress, reach out to each other and find acceptance and validation. The BOC also reinforces with me the fact that people are inherently good, as there are so many truly wonderful people here. This is a very special place, with some very special people :smile2: