Thank you BOC

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Boogan1, Jul 16, 2006.

1. Boogan1

Boogan1 New Member

State:
    Carrollton, MO
    I just thought it was time to say "Thank You" to Paul, Mark, Deerhunter, and all the mods and staff that make the BOC the great place that it is. I just won a rod and reel today in the contest section, and today was my son's 16th birthday. I had saved up for several months and surprised him today with a 1987 GMC pickup, talk about a proud and surprised young man. He is my main fishing partner and I am so glad I have somewhere like the BOC that he and I can sit and read together and not have to worry about a lot of the BS that goes on at other sites. So today I gave and received and wanted to give a little thanks and credit back where they are due. I have helped run a site in the past and know the hard work and dedication that goes on behind the scenes. It is an often overlooked effort but one vital to keep the BOC what it is. Hat's off and a big thumbs up to you guys, keep up the good work! Boog

2. bigmike

bigmike New Member

State:
    Kankakee,Illinois
    Right on brother. I would like to second that and say this is the best web site I have ever found and would like to extend my appreciation for everyone that puts time into making this happen God Bless

3. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Brother that is a great post. That is what the BOC is all about. You are a good father for getting your son a truck and teaching him the finer things in life. Paul and the Mods do a great job and we can't thank them enough.

4. LarryW

LarryW New Member

State:
    Abbeville Louisiana
    I will second that, I do not know that much about computers but I do know that it takes a lot to make something like the BOC to work and I to say thank you

5. GoFish_Tony

GoFish_Tony New Member

State:
    Big Rock, IL
    Boog, well said!
    You know what...
    YOU are what makes the BOC special. It is YOU and so many others here just like you.

I am happy that you won, and I am even happier that you have the oppurtunities to fish with your son that you do. I'm sure he makes you proud.

Happy birthday to your son. (sorry I don't know his name.) Is he a BOC member? If not.. then sign him up!

Congratulations again to the both of you!
    _

6. Ghoulscout 13

Ghoulscout 13 New Member

State:
    North carolina
    AMEN brother! this is the best fishing site ever made!:big_smile:

7. dreamer34

dreamer34 New Member

State:
    danville virginia
    congrads on the reels brother

8. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Thanks Boog, it takes members like yourself and all the others to help us keep this site up and running providing a family atmosphere.
    Alot of times its the members that inform the staff that we need to take a look at something. We cant catch it all but we try real hard to.
    Members helping us helps keep the site at the level Paul wants it.
    Although we as people dont always see eye to eye in the forums doesnt mean we dont like one another.
    We all have different styles and personalities.
    I dont hold any grudges against any member that doesnt agree with me. Thats what makes the world go round. Next post we may be on the same side of the fence.
    I think we all do an outstanding job at overcoming barriers with communication that the internet brings like the lack of facial expression or tone of voice. Things that we rely on in face to face conversation everyday.

I'm just glad to be associated with the BOC and all the members within it.
    Each of us has something to bring to the table in this community just as Paul envisioned it.
    Through the hard work of the members, sponsors, and the staff we are continually growing and expanding the site to make sure there is a place for everyone to enjoy and something to participate in while you are on the BOC server.

9. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Arlington, I forgive you if you aint got enough hair on your chest to partake in a good catfish stew.

10. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    and to think I was going to save all the eyes for you.
    You would think catfish stew was nuoc mam to hear arlington.