Thank you all...

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Dave53, Dec 20, 2005.

1. Dave53

Dave53 New Member

State:
    Lonedell M
    Just wanted to say thank you to all the members of the BOC that have helped me over the past two years gain knowledge into my newest passion on the river, catfishing. I have learned so much from all of you I had to say thanks before I am blocked from signing on to the BOC site. The computer I use to excess BOC has been fitted with what they refer to as a smart filter. This so called smart filter will limit access to internet sites and any sites listed as intertainment or sports ect..will be recorded then blocked. Anyway, most likely todays acess will be recorded and tomorrows will be blocked. Thanks again to all the wonderful people I have had the opportunity to chat with over the last two years. Again, I have learned so much and I have the brothers and sisters of the BOC to thank! If I ever get a chance to have the internet installed in my neck of the woods I will be back but untill then, thank you.

2. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    Dave,

Most companies will give you an authorized, "Quota Time" when they crack down. More than likely they are using a product called, "Web-Sense". I have been behind it for a year, and I feel your pain.

Hopefully you get the net in your neck of the woods, and everything works out fine.

+10 Rep!

Paul

3. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Dave, hopefully you will still be able to access the BOC.

If not from where you have been, then maybe at least from the Library every now and then.

4. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Dave, I hope you will be able to find a computer to post on. I you are still around go to the local library and use theirs for free.

5. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    I've never heard of that. Guess that is used by employer's. I assume in todays times that if someone had a phone line and puter, they could get internet from anywhere.

Anyway, sorry to hear you may not be able to get on BOC. Hope things work out later so you can log back on. Library is a good ideal.
    BOC will always be here to welcome you back.
    Take care, Merry Christmas, good luck fishing
    Dano

6. Gator

Gator New Member

State:
    Ludowici GA
    Brother that sucks but I understand why it is a pain for those that don't abuse the system, but those that do mess us all up. Paul when you get back you will see what i mean.

7. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Sorry to hear that Dave.
    You should be able to get on a dial up at home. Hope to sea ya back on soon.
    Well keep the light on for ya.

8. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    That sure sucks. Places like Juno have tons of dial up #'s. I was shocked to see that there was a local access # from our hunting cabin in the middle of B.F.E.! I think you can get something like 20 hours per month for free from Juno/Net Zero.

Good luck

9. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    You will be sorely missed Brother . Return when you can, we will be here waiting for you!!!

10. Leakyboat

Leakyboat New Member

Hurry back Dave,we'll be waiting for you,Brother!
    Ernie

11. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    hope the program cant pick it up but if it does hopefully you will get your own connection soon. hurry back dave:0a20: :0a20:

12. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Hurry back! I'll miss seeing the pic of you kissing that fish. LOL. Just joking. Hope it all works out for you soon. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and yours!

13. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Yeah, I hope you find a connection soon. Merry Christmas! :)

14. Cataholic

Cataholic Guest

Dave,
    Sorry to hear that you've hit a proverbial speed bump on the highway to the BOC. I don't have cable and am still on dial up, it's not the fastest though it still gets the job done. My internet provider is only 20 dollars a month for unlimited access. Shop around a little and you can probably come up with a similar package. I'd hate to see you go through withdrawls. From one fish kisser to another, I hope to see ya soon...

15. Swampy

Swampy New Member

State:
    Fl.
    Dave if you dont have a computer check into a WEBTV or MSNTV unit. They don't dowmload much but they work well for e-mail & sites like the BOC. You can get a new unit for around $100 or check e-bay for a used one,they run 56K on a phone line. Hope to see you back on the BOC soon Bro.

16. Dave53

Dave53 New Member

State:
    Lonedell M
    I just wanted to thank all of you for the fine words.. I was at my sisters house and was telling her about getting kicked off the internet at work when her son over heard my conversation. Somehow, I now have the internet at home ... seems he has his own set up and has let me "piggy back" off his system. He just got out of college and has a computer repair business. He even loaned me a computer untill I can get one. So thank you all.. I hope this last, I felt like I was having withdrawls... Thanks again.

17. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    That was very nice of him. Glad your back on-line.

18. elphaba7

elphaba7 New Member

State:
    Mo'town, WV
    Very cool, Dave...glad to see you! :)

19. Deltalover

Deltalover New Member

State:
    Tracy Calif
    Way to go Dave! Can't keep a good man down! Good thing we left the light on!

20. fwmud

fwmud New Member

State:
    Wilson's Mills,nc
    Dave I missed chattin with ya. I'm glad to read your last post about the piggy-back.
    It'll be good to see ya posting again.