Thank You All!!! Update from my Neurosurgeon!!!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by catfishjohn, Jul 16, 2008.

1. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I got good news today. Just another testimony that Prayers definitely do work!!!
    I don't have to have surgery on my Lower back or Mid Back!!!:big_smile::big_smile::big_smile:
    He said the breaks in my low back that were right directly above where I had the fusion were bad but stable. He didn't want to to another fusion because it would make the vertebrae above weaker and more susceptible to injury and I would lose so much more mobility.
    I asked him if my back would ever heal up and be ok and he said that was only a hope and very likely not possible. He said the problems I have are very complex and at my age he didn't want to do another surgery yet.
    He also confirmed that the seizure was a Grand Mal seizure and must have been very violent to break the bones.
    I'm being referred to a pain clinic and he is requesting my neurologist to put me on pain meds until then. Hopefully I'll find out that info this week.
    He wrote me a script for a low back brace that I have to wear from the time I get up till the time I go to bed for 6 weeks. I stopped by my Buddy's Business that makes them and orders them and I'll have it tomorrow. He gave me one to use till tomorrow.
    The best news of all is..................HE CLEARED ME TO GO FISHING!!!!!!:wink::big_smile::cool2:
    He said just be extra careful and take it easy but the breaks are stable enough to go if I can handle the pain!!!
    THANK GOD!!! All the Prayers were answered and God Bless All of you that had Good Thoughts and said Prayers!!!!!

2. anchorpuller

anchorpuller New Member

State:
    North Caro
    That's great news, John. Move it.. .but move it easy! Prayers continue for you.

3. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Thank You!!! I'm trying to go fishing tonight...:roll_eyes::wink::smile2:
    Most likely I'll be going tomorrow night though If the pain isn't too bad. I'll take it easy, thats for sure. He told me not to lift over 5-10lbs so I gotta take it easy!!!:wink:

4. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    That is a great bunch of news. I hope that you catch some fish and that you will be able to get this monkey off your back soon! Our prayers continue to go out to you. Take it easy, but get your butt out there and fish

5. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Glad to hear it John. Don't hook into Moby out there. Remember 5-10 lbs. LOL

6. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    You should be ok then since you dont catch anything that big anyway:smile2::smile2:j/k buddy , hell i shouldnt be talking i havent been fishing since May, and havent caught anything over 25lbs anyway....later, take it easy on that back when you set the hook!!!

7. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Thank You All!!! The way my luck has been this year all the fish I've caught were under 10lbs.:wink::smile2::smile2::smile2:

8. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I am very happy for you!:big_smile: The doc did say take it easy . Hope your next trip is a success ! I also hope some buddies will be going with you .I didnt know about the seizure . Iwill keep you in my prayers .Be careful on the pain meds sometimes they hide the signals of more trouble . Good fishing my friend!

9. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Good luck John. I'd send you some love but the machine says I am all out for the day.

10. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    "I wonuldn't worry to much about it Buddy, It just sounds like you have a good doctor, and he (or she) just wants to make sure that things are going OK with you.

And besides - you have "God" & "All of the good people here praying for you & on your side" - and with those odds in my favor, I will never worry to much.

We are all behide you on this - we got your Back!"

Bert (Shania)
    Hey John,

That good news Buddy &:
    :big_smile:

"I Told You So"! (See Above Message")
    :wink:

Take Care Buddy,
    Bert

11. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    good luck and i second the be careful on the hook set.if you dont already use it you can get away with a lighter hookset with braid.

12. jagdoctor1

jagdoctor1 New Member

State:
    CA/AZ
    Awesome man that's great news. Let me tell you a few things. My uncle broke his neck and it wouldn't fuse itself so they were going in for surgery. On pre op Xray they had to retake the Xray because they had the wrong one. Unfortunately the 2nd Xray looked the same as the first...... No more break could be found. After a year of observation and no healing it had all of a sudden healed up!Prayers do work. However.... Uncle scott had a brace drilled into his skull so he couldn't aggravate it. You need to do your part and don't aggravate that thing, give your miracle a chance to show you what it can really do. Also I mirror the statement above about the meds, They keep you from having good judgement and cause you to not realise exactly what you are doing to yourself. Take care and ask God to keep working on it for you.

13. Ulikedew

Ulikedew New Member

State:
    Georgetown IN
    John if you were a tad closer I would drive your way and hit the river with you.Take her easy when you go and BE CAREFUL.:big_smile:

14. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    John were glad to hear the good news. Like many has already said. Take it easy brother.One big hook set could be to much.

15. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    John I'm very glad to hear the good news. Just can't believe you stopped in here first to tell everyone instead of going fishing.:smile2:

Congradulations brother just take it pretty easy and don't try to lift no big ones by yourself either.

16. boswifedeb

boswifedeb USCA Jailhouse Lawyer

State:
    Tennessee
    Name:
    Debbie
    Great news!!:tounge_out::big_smile: Just be sure to take someone with you ( it's always more fun with company anyway:tounge_out:!) and be extra careful. Let us know what you get!:wink:

17. FLATHEAD STEVE

FLATHEAD STEVE New Member

State:
    DESMOINES IOWA
  18. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    darryl you sure send a lot of love buddy...:smile2:

19. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    goodluck to you bro...rollo

20. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    That is really good news buddy.Just don't try and overdo it. I know you been itchin to get a line wet but remember nothing over 10 lbs. :eek:oooh:Yeah right!!
    keep us informed on your progress with the back and the fishin.
    Still in our Thoughts and Prayers!!