Thank God I'm a Country Boy

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Katmandeux, Apr 14, 2007.

1. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    1. The waitress doesn't think it odd that I'm in camo...she knows what's in season, and can make small talk about it.

2. It's like Cheers...everybody knows my name. Heck, everybody knows my dog's name.

3. If I forget my wallet, no problem, anywhere in town.

4. It's easy to avoid the only stoplight.

5. At the hardware store, I pay for my pipe, and then go cut it myself. They trust me.

6. Kids don't get away with much...it really does take a village, and these people know it.

7. When the patrolman asked for my insurance card, and I told him it was probably in a pile of unopened mail on the kitchen table, he let me go with a warning, 'cause he knows me for the slacker I am.:tounge_out:

8. I took the American Idol on her first rollercoaster ride.

9. My friends love me because of my quirks, not in spite of them.

10. I have more places to hunt than I have time to hunt them.

There's more, but this is a start. What do you love about where you live?

2. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thanks Dave I enjoy being from a small country town. They even roll the sidewalks up at dark. There is no crime. And the gossip news travels faster than the mail. If one gets hurt then we all hurt. The noise level is so low in our town that we can still hear the birds sing. We do have a few of them BLONDS in town but we have all learned where they live. Dogs and Cats don"t belong to anyone we all feed them. Everbody shares each others garden. There are many friendly Churchs in out town and our Schools still practice prayer and believe in the pledge of allegiance. :smile2: It's great to be from a small town.

3. SkiMax

SkiMax Well-Known Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    1. Can recognize which one of my buddies is pulling up just from the sound of his truck

2. It's legal to drive with one hand because the other hand is constantly waving to everybody that you pass.

3. Never been in a trafic jam at my home town (we don't even have a stop light)

4. When in school, the roads are so hilly and bad a little snow would get us a snow day!

5. A four wheeler is still our main mode of transportation

6. The 'liars table' at the town diner where all the odler men go to drink coffee in the morning

7. A good summer activity is still to head to the old swimming hole

8. Can tell who is out fishing by which trucks are parked at the ramp

4. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    We actually do play checkers at the Cracker Barrel or family owned store in the country.

We actually do make up things (liars table) on the fly, for entertainment, if from ourselves or our close acquaintances, we know how to laugh! (Only we do it constantly, not at a table, per se)

We never met a stranger, but don't cross us, our community, family, or friends.

5. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    We are not liars!

Someone has to run the county!:big_smile:

6. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN

:big_smile: I somehow believe you left out the R in county..............:tounge_out: :roll_eyes: :cool2:

BTW, I like your new signature! I used to have that trouble with Toni the Tigger, but Riley the mini rott scared her off for a while. She has just begun to challenge him and say I don't care, I was here, before you! LOL

7. KATMANDETTE

KATMANDETTE New Member

State:
    Cedar Key, Florida
    1. No Wal-marts within 50 miles.

2. Nothing higher than a two story building for 50 miles.

3. Rivers crystal clear so you can see the winter-ing manatees.

4. Birds, birds, birds, birds

5. The best key lime pie in the world.

6. A zillion stars at night.

7. People there just like moi.