Thank god for crappie!

Discussion in 'Crappie Fishing' started by kscatman, Dec 14, 2006.

1. kscatman

kscatman New Member

State:
    LAWRENCE,KS
    I love to fish in the summer its for cats, in the winter it's for crappie. I've been doing quite well the past few days. In the summer it's a heavy action ocean rod with 80lb power pro now it's ice rods with 4lb test and tiny jigs and spoons I dont like one more than the other I'm just glad god gave me the opportunity to fish for both!!

2. MR SANDMAN 800

MR SANDMAN 800 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Wish I could get into some decent sized crappie here. Everything I've caught/seen caught in the past month or 2 hasn't been over 10". Prolly 90% have been under 8". You been fishing at Clinton?

3. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    Jamie,they school up big time in the winter.Out of 1,ooo crappie in the school,maybe 50-100 are keepers,they hang below the smaller ones and are looking for 1 big easy meal every few days,the smaller ones hang above and feed more often....the trick is to get past all those hungry mouths....I've been hammering them pretty good here in NW Mo....rather catch some dinks than sit at home and clean the tackle box for the seventh time.:cool2:

4. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    Eric, give me a yell sometime and we'll go hit the slabs. Going to get the trolling motor back on the boat today and hit Clinton if the wind stays down. I'm off till Sunday night.

You working the docks??

5. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    I love crappie too! They are excellent table fare. I used to catch messes of them when I was growing up in Ohio. I dont think that they exist in southern Arizona though. I have been fishing out here for over 4 yrs and I have yet to see or even hear of somebody catching one.

6. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    Dameon, I feel for ya man..........don't get any better than deep fried crappie. While I do enjoy catfish on the plate, crappie is the best.

7. trnsmsn

trnsmsn New Member

State:
    Missouri Originally Now I
    You took the words right outta my mouth:eek:oooh: !!!!!!!!

8. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    Get to stink the skillet tonight:big_smile: .

Eric, PM me.

9. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Good going. I woulf liek to get into some slabs myself.

10. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    Cold water crappie, dang I forgot how good these are. Bite wasn't as good today, but I won't complain:smile2: .

11. cat-chaser

cat-chaser New Member

State:
    Texas
    Crappie Crappie
    I love your scrappy scrappy
    fight
    you taste soo good
    seasoned just right
    or not at all
    just breaded real light (with lemon)
    Crappie baby
    you might not
    Never be
    the biggest fish in the pond
    But I'd be happy still
    if you were the only fish in the pond

(thank ya very much)

12. kscatman

kscatman New Member

State:
    LAWRENCE,KS
    Great post Paul!! I love your crappie poem. The fishing for me has been getting tougher as the week goes on. the weather has been to warm to drive the fish into the docks that i'm fishing. However Charlie has been doing real well out on the lake. I think i'm going to buy a boat on monday to help remedy the problem i'm having.

13. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    What boat you going to get Eric?

To windy for my boat today, got to hate flat-bottoms in windy weather:tounge_out:

14. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Um UM oh man you can`t beat winter crappie:dribble: :dribble:

15. kscatman

kscatman New Member

State:
    LAWRENCE,KS
    I'm gonna go ahead and get the tracker for now, if I don't like it i'll sell it and get something else. I'm ready to get on the lake quickly seeing the crappie in Charlie's cooler is driving me mad!!

16. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    I have been catching a few myself! Crappie YUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Bill

17. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    Might make for a good trade-in down the line. Wish I could go today, but Christmas shopping is on the agenda...........Christmas shopping at Cabela's:big_smile:

18. kocat238

kocat238 New Member

State:
    Ky
    i love it in the winter nothin else here hardly to do i go over to the lake drop a white leaded jig dance it around little bit and bang, i found that sunken trees are real good points durning this time of year.I usually catch 6 or 7 just for me and the mises does us real good..

19. plumbertom1

plumbertom1 Well-Known Member

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    I have caught plenty of good sized crappie out of the Colorado River near Yuma.
    Try fishing just below the spillway at Imperial Dam or Mittry Lake. Both have produced crappie to 2lbs for me in good numbers.
    I had best luck with small shiners or shad around 2" below a bobber fishing close to the floating tulies. Remember Mittry is very shallow 3'-6' except where they dredged it so don't try to fish to deep.

20. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    Very slow today, marked lots of fish but lockjaw has set in:sad2: .