Thai. Spicy Catfish

Discussion in 'The BOC Diner' started by kevin101, Mar 29, 2008.

1. kevin101

kevin101 New Member

State:
    Gardner,Kansas
    Hi! My name is Kevin and I love to fishing and cook...I use to be a chef at a Thai. restaurants for 12 years but i always will make time to go fishing..Anyway,I have a very great catfish recipe for u guys to try;the best of the best for catfish...Just want to share some of my recipe w/all you guys and if this thread got a good feed back from all the fisherman in here than I'll post more of my recipe to share with guys so you can share with your love ones...This recipe is a favorite and catfish is a popular choice although other types of freshwater fish can also be used.Both whole fish and fillets are suitable..

2 tablespoons oil
    1 lb. catfish(cut into 1/2" in. wide sections.)
    6 garlic cloves(minced)
    2 stalks lemon grass/citronella(cut into 1" in. pieces.)
    1/4 cup thinly sliced lesser ginger
    1/2 cup sweet basil leaves
    1/4 fish sauce (buy at asian store)
    1 tablespoon sugar

Heat a large skillet and add the oil. Wait for about 1 or 2 minute for the oil to heat then add all the ingredients...Stir thoroughly then cover and cook for 3 minutes on high heat.....Now remove to your serving dish......Enjoy!!!!​

2. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Awesome, thanks buddy!! I love Thai food!! I can't handle the really hot stuff but about medium is great for me. I am gonna try this. Please post any more recipes you suggest, Thanks!

3. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Kevin welcome to the BOC ...And thank's for that recipe am going to try that one out i love Thai food can't wait to here about some more recipe's you have.....Once again welcome to the BOC Bro.

4. porboy

porboy New Member

State:
    TX Panhand
    Hey Kevin, Welcome to the BOC and thanks for the catfish recipe and will be waiting for more.
    Bill

5. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    welcome to the boc and thanks for sharing the recipe