Texoma

Discussion in 'LOCAL TEXAS TALK' started by Wally, Dec 13, 2006.

1. Wally

Wally New Member

State:
    FLORIDA
    Me and Bubba are going to try our luck down at Texoma this weekend (fri - Sun). Wish us luck on our Inargural Christmas Fishing Adventure.

2. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    Good luck. Here's hoping you hook onto a huge blue for a great Xmas present.

3. Wally

Wally New Member

State:
    FLORIDA
    Thanks Brother Jerry !!

If anyone is down that way this weekend, I'll be at the Sheppard AFB Annex, off Rt. 75...

Stop in and see us !!!!

4. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Good Luck walter,Now Go Knock Um Dead !! J.D.
    :0a18: :0a18: :0a18:

5. crome

crome New Member

State:
    ilm,nc
    walter,a buddy of mine said the bit is good at texoma right now,and the striper bit is hot! ..hope ya'll have a good weekend,be safe,and let us know how it goes.

jerry

6. capnmorgan

capnmorgan New Member

State:
    Texas
    Good luck and take alot of pictures!

7. FishBrew

FishBrew New Member

State:
    North Texas
    be careful on the water this weekend, suppose to be windy in north Texas

8. Mark R.

Mark R. New Member

State:
    Rush Springs, OK
    I was thinking about trying Waurika this weekend, heard any reports from there?
    Mark

9. Wally

Wally New Member

State:
    FLORIDA
    No sir Mark, haven't heard anything from W

We were going to go down to the coast for some BIG water fishin', but due to the lack of $$$ :sad2: we are just going to hole up at Texoma.

10. Drawout

Drawout Active Member

State:
    Paris.Texas
    How dig it go Wally ?

11. tufffish

tufffish New Member

State:
    Texas
    good luck on the trip. i was in north texas last week but did not get to fish. the weather was great for this time of year.

12. Quackcephus

Quackcephus New Member

State:
    TX
    Catch a mess!!!

13. Wally

Wally New Member

State:
    FLORIDA
    Well fellas...it has taken me time to file a report...but here goes !!!

Me and Buba "ran" the jug's for 2 days over the weekend. Friday the weather wasn't too bad. We set the jugs in about 25' of water with shad and smokies. Late friday night we pulled in 5 or 6 blues around 5-8 lbs. each. Saturday morning the wind started gitting up and swampin the boat. We pulled the jugs back to a cove closer to the dock (about 200 yards out) in about 20' of water. Same result 5 or 6 blues around 5-8 lbs. each !! The wind layed down about 5 pm. Sunday morining we picked up the jugs one more time. Yep, 5 or 6 blues around 5-8 lbs. each. One good size channel cat about 5 lbs also. We had several 10 lb Stripers on the jugs every time, but because of the law, we through them back.

We met a nice young man from the DFW metroplex and shared fishing stories. He has been invited to join us here in the GREATEST group of Catfishers' in the world, and he said he would look us up. I am saddened to say I did not get his name, but he is a fine young man. He also has 2 stripers in his fish basket that he didn't know he had until sunday morning!! LOL

Buba cought several 4-6 lb. Stripers from the bank with a rod and reel. All in all we had a GREAT weekend !!! Just father and son!!! This will become an annual event!!!!

14. bobcat

bobcat New Member

State:
    Texas
    Now that's what is called pure enjoyment:smile2: Father and son having some quality time together and enjoying it :cool2:

15. Wally_jr

Wally_jr New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    it was a great time!!! except when a beaver or turtle ate two of our cats, most of the locals said it was a beaver. when i ran up to the car to get my knife i saw what apeared to be a 60+ beaver . that made me a little agitated. but it was the greatest fishing trip the two of us have had together!!!

16. Drawout

Drawout Active Member

State:
    Paris.Texas
  17. nathan king

nathan king New Member

State:
    vernon tx
    wally sounds like a good weekend i love texoma if the weather is good this coming weekend i think my dad and i will start fishing texoma probably hard every weekend for awhile if possible. wally so your from wichita falls huh? im from vernon we need to hook up sometime and wet a line. do you fish arowhead much? ive been over there 2 times in the last month and have caught alot of nice blues from 3 to 8lbs with 1 going 26.6 we need to get over there sometime holler at me.

18. Wally

Wally New Member

State:
    FLORIDA
    thousand apologies, i mispoke, the beaver does not eat fish. it was a turtle then. but those cats went by-by. as much as it sounded good, beaver season is over, turtle season is in. boys when the weather warms up me and mr turtle have to dance the tango!!!! :beat_shot: and he will take the lead!!!