Texoma

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by DONNIE, Oct 24, 2005.

1. DONNIE

DONNIE New Member

State:
    Luther, oklahoma
    Has anyone fished TEXOMA lately?

2. Aquacat

Aquacat New Member

State:
    Sherman, Texas
    Donnie, welcome to the great BOC! Lots of great people and information here! Texhoma has been doing pretty good. Shad are starting to go deeper and punch baits and trot lines seem to be the key. Check out Cumberland Cove, Lakeside, Mill Creek, Rock Creek areas. :)

3. willisjj

willisjj Guest

Did I read somewhere that you have to have a special permit to fish Texoma or will the OK fishing license cover it, or is it just a stamp you have to get? I don't know how far I will be from there living in Mcalester, but I have always wanted to fish that lake and this will be as close as I have ever been.

4. okie_kat

okie_kat New Member

State:
    Eufaula, Ok
    You don't need a permit if you stay on the Oklahoma side. If you want to run the whole lake then you need a Texhoma permit. It is about 80 miles from Big Mac.

5. willisjj

willisjj Guest

Thanks Rick. Thats good to know. I can't think of any reason I would want to fish on the Texas side. Everybody knows that all the great catches are made on this side, lol. (just kidding Texans!)

6. Wally

Wally New Member

State:
    FLORIDA
    Jeremy,
    Just remember...out in the middle of the lake, there are no markers, but...the game wardens know where they are. :eek: $$$$$