Texoma

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Mr. Rooster, Jul 8, 2006.

1. Mr. Rooster

Mr. Rooster New Member

State:
    Hurst, Texas
    Any of you guys had any luck fishing from the bank at Texoma? How is the bank access on the red river arm by the 377 bridge? Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Eric

I would like a shot at a big blue and was thinking either that area or the tailraces below the dam.

2. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Its been an awful long time since I have fished Texoma, but way back when I remember fishing around that area and catching fish. It's just been to long to remeber correctly I was somewhere between 8 and 12 and now I am 46. Sorry I couln't be more help.

3. whiskerchaser

whiskerchaser Member

State:
    New Mexico
    my mom a long time ago she went there and was fishing from the shore i dont know where just from the shore some where and using shad and something hit so hard it pulled her out of her chair she said and she tried to set the hook and was to late and she never caught it again she still doesnt know what it was she says it might have been that record blue from texoma.

4. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    I always had pretty good luck fishing below the dam. If they are generating water, it can be really good down there. Very easy to get hung up though, so bring plenty of tackle. As far as fishing from the bank, I've had decent luck along the Roosevelt bridge area on the east end of the bridge. You'll see stripers schooling out there along the Roosevelt sometimes as well. Pitch a slab at 'em and they'll nail it. Underneath the bridge was usually my best bet for bank fishing.

Sorry I couldn't be more help, but I just didn't do a whole lot of bank fishing there. I was in college, and there wasn't a lot of people lining up to tell their secret spots to an out of towner.:big_smile:

Jerrod