Texoma lake in Oklahoma

Discussion in 'LOCAL OKLAHOMA TALK' started by schoonie, May 28, 2009.

1. schoonie

schoonie New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I'll be camping at Johnson Creek campgound next week at Texoma and I am wondering about the channel cat areas to fish. Can you help a brother out?

2. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    Mike I used to slaughter the channels below the dam. I'd go down after dark, and walk down the Oklahoma side to where the sandy bottom starts. Cast out into the current with some fresh shad or punch bait & you'll be in the channel cats. I don't think I ever went down there that I didn't catch 20+ channels.

3. schoonie

schoonie New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Thanks a bunch, sounds like the place to be. You talking about where you launch the boats?

4. daniel_14_86

daniel_14_86 New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    We have always caught alot of channels just about 1/2 mile south of where you are camping. It's a place called catfish bay it just due south of the roosevelt bridge. you can also try little glasses it's to the north, we have had good luck there also. If you want striper fish around the 3 oil derricks that are close to the bridge around dusk and dawn we tear them up everytime we try that spot.

5. schoonie

schoonie New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Thanks Daniel, and welcome to the board. Awesome place here. Appreciate the info.