Texoma in Texas

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by TIGER44, Mar 30, 2006.

1. TIGER44

TIGER44 New Member

State:
    MANSFIELD. TEXAS
    Where Are They Catching Fish At Right Now? Last Time I Was There We Were Catching Them In The Shallows On 8-15" Live Shad With Stingers.

2. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    Howdy William, Ya going to the Grathering up there next weekend ? It's gonna be at the state park. I haven't been up there in a year or two. Went stripper fishin' didn't even try the cats out. I can't wait to hit it next weekend.

The National Weather Service just came on tv and said a Tornado has just touched down in Grayson co. near where we will be next weekend.

3. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    Howdy William, glad to see you posting something now since I introduced you to the BOC. We would like to see you and Frank out there at the gathering at the State Park.
    Did you ever find the area to put me down as your referral ?
    Contact me and I will help you if I can.

Welcome to the worlds largest catfishing site on the web.

AL

4. TIGER44

TIGER44 New Member

State:
    MANSFIELD. TEXAS
    I Am Going To Do My Best If I Can Get Out Of Work.

5. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    Call in tired and come on up there. Check out the grathering thread for info.

6. Phlogus

Phlogus New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Hey Texas brothers.

I am heading for Texoma Thursday morning the 13th I will be staying at the cabins in the air force recreation area and will be there through Sunday when I head back to Topeka. Let me know if ya want to hook up while I am in the area. Send an email and I will share my contact info. I just started posting on the new board. I was on the old board for a couple years. Spring does that.... I hate that I missed the gathering by a week. I hope the weather is better this week. I plan on fishing for stripers during the day and running lines around the clock.

7. caatstalker

caatstalker New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    where do u guys catch shad at i usually stay at catfish cove or little glasses. trying to put a trip togeather. have a day

8. TXBlueHunter

TXBlueHunter New Member

State:
    Flower Mound, Texas
    Christopher

Welcome back. Becareful on Texoma the wind is bad. It keep all of us at the gathering from fishing all most completly. I wish I can come up that way again but I have to work all week. Good luck and maybe some of the other brothers can join you.

9. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    Hey Tim, we all know you have the time to go back up there. LOL:)

I'm looking forward to fishing with you again brother.

AL

10. TXBlueHunter

TXBlueHunter New Member

State:
    Flower Mound, Texas
    Al

I wish I had the the time. I was planning on fishing most of this weekend but the wife has already started the hony-do list for the weekend:mad:

Same here on fishing with you again. Maybe we can get together sometime before it gets hot.

11. Phlogus

Phlogus New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Here in KS we can have two 25 hook lines out. What are the regs on Texoma for trot lines? Do jug lines count against the trot line hook count? I have a fishing buddy coming along. I figured we would catch shad down there to bait up with. Any other advice is apreciated. Is the soil on the bank rocky or soft. Are there alot of coves with drift wood to tie to or do I need to have jugs and waits for a free floating line?

12. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    er, William, just to be politically correct, only half of Texhoma is in Texas. We don't want to get Govenor Murray stirred up again. LOL

13. CrawDaddy

CrawDaddy New Member

State:
    Texas
    To be even more politically correct, only the "good" side of Texoma is on the Texas side :)

14. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    Not sure about Texoma but on most Texas lakes it's 100 hooks per person.
    Good luck up there and I hope the wind has died down. It was very scary last weekend as Al can tell ya. Heck, we even seen a guide that wouldn't get out there. He had a boat full of guys and they tried for about 2 hours to get out of the cove and they never made it out.

15. Phlogus

Phlogus New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Well folks it was a good trip. We ended up catching close to thirty channel cat with two around 8 lbs and only two under 2 lbs. Most of them were in the three to four pund range. We were fishing in a couple coves near the sheppard AFB recreation annex. One set was in the cove directly across from thier dock in 5 feet of water. One set ranged from 2 to 6 feet deep across a creek mouth and the last set was from two to fifteen feet in front of a cliff / cut. We caught no turtles but did hook a half dozen gar. We caught a few 3 lb stripers and two fifteen lb carp.