Texoma channel catfish in Oklahoma

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by schoonie, May 28, 2009.

1. schoonie

schoonie New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    How 'bout channel cats at Texoma? Is this a shrimp lake? Shad Lake? Liver lake? Anybody?

2. tufffish

tufffish New Member

State:
    Texas
    i fished texoma last year at this time. we caught a lot of blues, not to many channel cats. we caught most fish on shad, but on the days we did not get shad we used hot dogs and did ok. we cut the weiners into about 4 pieces each and they caught fish ok. when we had shad we also got a lot of stripers.

3. schoonie

schoonie New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Guess sooner or later I am gonna be forced to try dem hotdogs. Thank you plenty.

4. schoonie

schoonie New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Bobby, what grade hotdogs? All beef, cheapies? any particular brand? How do you keep 'em on the hook?

5. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Forget those hot-dogs you'll be snacking on them!!!:wink: Use shad & secret 7 bait....it is a world-class lake for cats:wink::tounge_out: Secret 7 won the title there last year.....and i have done-well on it in tournaments a few times...Be at the docks before daylight & the striper guides will help ya with shad & maybe a few tips on where the cats are....Trust them boys & tell e'm Big Sam say's howdy!!:big_smile:

6. tufffish

tufffish New Member

State:
    Texas
    cheap hot dogs is what we used. i just got some secret 7 last week. i have not had a chance to try it yet. i would have never believed the hot dogs until i had to use them or had no bait.

7. schoonie

schoonie New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Do you use the furry thang? And if so, what hook. I have the 7 and a few furry thangs.

8. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    if you use the small one it works fine.......the dead-red tubes are deadly!!!

9. schoonie

schoonie New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Reps to ya both, my friends.

10. daniel_14_86

daniel_14_86 New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    Shad and punch bait for texoma. cut bluegill works decent too. I fish this lake every weekend, its only a 10 minute drive for me

11. schoonie

schoonie New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Daniel, where do you catch your shad?

12. daniel_14_86

daniel_14_86 New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    We usually find shad in the lebanon pool and rock creek areas. bridgevies is usually a good spot for shad also. if you have a seine there are plenty of ghost minnows in this lake and they are awesome bait for just about anything. we catch them in the shallows where there is real light moss on the bottom.

13. schoonie

schoonie New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Thanks Daniel, reps to ya brother.:cool2: