Texas Tech vs. Oklahoma

Discussion in 'Ersel's Gridiron Talk' started by daystarchis, Nov 12, 2008.

1. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Another great geam but still take the Red Raiders by 7. Sooners 21 Red Raiders 28. Whats your call?

2. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Being an OU fan for several decades, I have learned to not brag on my sooners until after the game. The do have a tendency to let you down. But, Tech in Norman... just don't know. If they were at Lubbuck I'd really sweat, but as of right now, I haven't even started. Maybe I will about 8:30 pm on the 22nd. LOL

3. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    :0a27:

I like "OU" by 4.
    Only because its in Norman.
    :wink:

4. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Should be a real barn burner! I have to admit to being quite impressed with Tech the past few weeks! I havn't had the opportunity to watch Oklahoma yet so I'm picking Texas Tech 48 Okla 31.

5. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Tech 35 Ok 21

6. ChannelCatBen

ChannelCatBen New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    I think it depends on who can put together a solid 4 quarters. I like Oklahoma in this one, but they seem to have a tendency to score a whole bunch of points in the first half, and then coast through the second half. We'll just see if they can keep up the pace all game long... they will have to against Tech.

7. Trevor1

Trevor1 New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    I don't think this game will be all that close OU 49-30. I still don't think TT is all that great, pretty much the same team they always have.

8. jimmy willaby

jimmy willaby New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    MUST BE THAT OKLA. WATER!!!!:smile2::smile2::smile2:

9. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Ben, when you have scored 40 to 50 points in the first half, you have to coast. Otherwise the sports writers from New York/New Jersey area, somewhat like Lucia or who ever, will write a column about how unsportsmen like the OU program was as they did when OU scored 72 points against A&M a few years ago. Coach Leach of Texas Tech said it best when he allegedly said if you don't want us to score 70 points - stop us. I know a lot of fans from the Big 10, the SEC and PAC 10 don't pay much attention to the Big 12, but Tech has been like this for the last 8 - 10 years. Think they have beat OU twice in that length of time, and one of them was due to have an official that lives in Lubbock award a touchdown to Tech when it wasn't... that's after a failed 4th down attempt. That was in the year before the Oregon Duck fiasco. It will be a good game, but we try not to sell OU short. There is definitely a chance, probably more like a definite probability they will stop Tech.

10. kmcalester

kmcalester New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    35-33 OKIE!!!

11. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    let's get level headed about this...put the bubble between the lines:big_smile:

the sooners had texas well in hand until their best defensive player got hurt. OU led that game in the 4th quarter. it has taken a little, but OUs D is coming together. OU has a prolific offence.

OU 45, taco tech 38:wink:

12. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    OU should be OR=over rated.........red raiders 45 OU 24

13. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Darn Ray, these are Big 12 teams, not PAC 10. Nothing over-rated out here. LOL

14. ronlyn239

ronlyn239 New Member

State:
    Bartlesvil
    My view of these two teams is this......whoever doesn't score a touchdown on a possession may lose the game. Tech's defense is better, and the offenses are both prolific. I've never seen a quarterback check off to a secondary receiver like Harrell does. He is lightning quick on his decisions.

By a stroke of wild luck, my wife is an insurance agent, and her agency was the top seller of one of their insurance lines. The prize? Tickets to a catered tailgate party and then the the OU-Tech game. Oh yeah, I'm going....

15. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    never said big 12 was over rated

16. river_runner_85

river_runner_85 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Missouri
    Tech-48 OU-35

17. joer

joer New Member

State:
    columbiaMo
    Well my boc brothas....i grew up in Lubbock and as you might imagine i am a red raider! Of course i want us to win but i am still basking in the awe of our success. All i hope is to have a good game and leave norman with a win!! Ok maybe a blow out:smile2: !

18. FourWinds

FourWinds New Member

State:
    Lawton, Oklahoma
    Although I know both teams can score more... 41-35... OU

19. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Tech-45
    OK-28

If you have anykind of affiliation with Robert Montgomery Knight, you are OK in my books!

20. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    hey Ray, you from the left coast where reality is what you dream it should be?:wink::smile2: