Texas Rig for catfishing?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by CJ21, Oct 31, 2007.

1. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    I am wondering do any of you guys use a Texas Rig for catfishing? I use it for bass fishing with good result, I am wondering would it work for catfishing?

2. Big B

Big B New Member

State:
    North Texas
    I use a carolina. Thats the main type of rig that I use. So far its the best bottom rig I have found. some people do use a Texas rig with great luck.

3. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina
    it might work. i know of people that use them, but i personally never used them. i always use either a carolina rig or a 3 way rig

4. KingCatBrad

KingCatBrad New Member

State:
    Duncan, Oklaho
    I have used a modified Texas/Carolina rig when I am in a STRONGE current. All I do is rig a hook with about a foot to two foot leader and put the bead and weight on it then the swivel then my main line. With out the swivel you get REAL BAD line twist especially in strong current. I do this to keep my bait from flying all over the place.

5. irishangler

irishangler New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I've heard that channel cats can be pretty finnicky if they feel any weight. I've always used carolina rigs and vary the length of leader depending on depth, current, etc. This has been a successful tactic for me. Anyway, that's my two-cents worth. Good luck.

mike in SW VA