Texas rattlesnake pics

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by allworknofish, Mar 13, 2007.

1. allworknofish

allworknofish New Member

State:
    texas
    some of you will like these pics...others will shiver....but either way, know that these snakes never made it back to the ground:roll_eyes: . the big ones were skinned and fried........the small ones taken to a snake farm by a friend of mine(who wouldnt touch them unless they were in a bucket....)
    this was in west texas while i was working in post and salt creek. at one point we caught 16 in one after noon just driving back roads and drinking cold beer after work.

scott

Attached Files:

2. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Its good to know they were well taken care of...:roll_eyes:
    I've always wanted to try them,I'd say its good eatin'!

3. allworknofish

allworknofish New Member

State:
    texas
    awsome tasting....just take some cornmeal and flour...i like to use seasond fish fry...skin the snake, and cut into about 3 or 4 in pieces and deep fry. you just hold it like a rib and start to knawin.....mmm mmm...makes me wanna take another trip to west texas just thinkin about it:big_smile:

4. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Hopefully one of these years I'll be able to try it. I'd rather eat them than run into a live one...:big_smile:

5. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    one of the best tasting game? meats there is in my books ,I love em

6. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    I was expecting to see pictures of Stone Cold Steve Austin:lol: , All well the only good snake is a dead one and they are pretty good eating:cool2: A little better than Robin .

7. txthumper1691

txthumper1691 New Member

State:
    Temple, Tx.
    let me know next time you get some of those critters over 4 ft, thats when they really get to be tasty. nice pics tho bro.

8. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Just drivein some back roads and drinkin some cold beer. HMMM! Brilliant! Nice pics.

9. GrandpaGoneFishing

GrandpaGoneFishing Well-Known Member

State:
    Linn Valley, Ks
    Thanks for the post. Been a few years since I've been out snake hunting.

10. rebelzgrl76

rebelzgrl76 New Member

State:
    CO
    Nice pictures. Cant say that Ive ever eaten rattler before, wouldnt shy away from it either. I was told that it tasted chicken. :big_smile:

Keep the pictures coming. If you didnt already know a few of us post pictures that we've taken in the SOC Photo Thread, alot to see there.

Thanks again :wink:

11. Catsss

Catsss New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Here in Illinois they cross breed with Water Moccasins, Copper Heads and Cotten Mouths. We call them, Cotten Head Rattle Moccasin, mean critters they are. Ever use one for bait? If fish didn't bite them, they could bite the fish.:big_smile:

12. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Yea, I used to like to drink a cold one while riding around catching Timber Rattlers and Copperheads....until they passed the "open container law". Snake hunting doesn't seem like so much fun sober!

13. waterwalker

waterwalker New Member

State:
    Louisville Ohio
    That is one crazy cowboy...saw the rattle snake round up out there...suppose you have to get used to seeing them.