Texas pigs

Discussion in 'Hog Hunting' started by scline999, Oct 18, 2006.

1. scline999

scline999 New Member

State:
    Highland Village,TEXAS
    Wheres a good spot in north texas?

2. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    try around the TURKEY area i worked there a while back and we saw them run over by cars everywhere

3. nathan8372

nathan8372 New Member

State:
    South Texas
    Well texas is all private land so your chances are obviously limited, except the accidentally hitting one on the highway.

4. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    there is as i recall at least two state wildlife hunting areas in txone is near Matador and the other i believe is south of Alpine around the Study Butte area

5. TX Fisherman

TX Fisherman New Member

State:
    Texas
    theres one south of alpine? i didnt know of any around here?

6. TX Fisherman

TX Fisherman New Member

State:
    Texas
    i see them all over the place near east texas, i havent scene any near north texas...

7. jsharris

jsharris New Member

State:
    Texas
    we have them all over southeast texas. we use to live in the middle of town and there was a small marsh behind our house that was about 10 acres and it had a small pod of about 15 pigs. i think the biggest was 150lbs. we ended up killing 3 with a .22 mag and getting one with a bow. It was a lot of fun and some great meat. One of the sows that we killed was red she was actually about 200lb.

8. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Back in 1970 there was a place in SanAntone........ OH! You mean them kinda pigs. LOL!

9. TX Catman

TX Catman New Member

State:
    Texas
    Go a little west of Jacksburrow, and some people would abselutely just love for you to take their hoggs out of their property.