Texas Holdem Tournament

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by olejer, Nov 29, 2008.

1. olejer

olejer New Member

State:
    Herculaneum Mo.
    I just ordered 1 thousand poker chips for aTexas Holdem Tournament.
    Now we gonna have one or not? I'll host it at my house and will even have a smoking area. Maybe after the first of the year?

How About IT?

2. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    NOW YOU'RE TALKIN' JERRY!!!

I will definately do my damndest to be there!! I LOVE to play Texas Hold 'Em Tournaments!!! Especially with a good drink and a Macanudo Cigar! Jerry! You're the MAN!!! WOOO HOOOO!!!

I am excited now!!:big_smile::big_smile::big_smile:​

3. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Seeing as how I got no idea how to play, I'll bring my stick to knock a few balls around on your table. I've played regular stud, draw & such, but don't know sheet about them fancy TV type games.

4. Brentkeele

Brentkeele New Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    Things that make you go hmmmmmmm......... that could be quite interesting.......and fun!!:cool2:

5. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Designated smoking area? Hmmm, back yard picnic table and flash light? :wink: Gotta have a room full of stogie smoke and ashes everywhere for a proper game. :big_smile:

6. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    If I'm in town, I'll be there my man.

7. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Yo Jer, anychance of having this gathering on the 13th starting around 6pm AFTER our banquet? That way the guys that cant make the banquet might be able to come play cards or something? just a thought.

8. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Tom, i'm sure the guys would be more than glad to teach ya the rules of the game.:smile2: Surely they wouldn't take advantage of ya.:wink:

9. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    Yeah Tom, I have played it a couple of times. I will teach you what little I know about it. No Charge

10. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Why do I have visions of the movie Stripes, when Bill Murrary is playing cards with Louie Oxburger (John Candy) LOL :smile2:

11. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
  12. olejer

olejer New Member

State:
    Herculaneum Mo.
    ok the game is on
    now the details-----
    1-smoking area is in the workshop in the basement where there is an exhaust fan (sorry randy u wont need a flashlight,or a coat Its Heated
    2--Kutter, the pool table will be open all night Maybe you could lose some $ there
    3-most likely we'll have it on a sat night the 13th will work but i was thinking in Jan. after the holidays, post up your sched cuz or call and we'll see what works
    4-how do you guys want to work it? i can charge a flat fee for the prizes and food,or make it pot luck and just have an entry fee and split all the $ for 3 places maybe $10 per person?
    5-I got 1000 chips coming in next week but that will only play 10 to 15 people does anyone have access to some more?
    6-Do you want to open it up to more than the Gateway Cats? or try it with us and maybe have another if it goes well?
    7-I figure i can seat @ 18-22 people
    8--Lets get it decided as a group POST UP BOYS
    9-B.Y.O.BOOZE

13. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    I like the idea of having it in January as well, I will have more money to play with then, I'll be done buying gifts!:roll_eyes::smile2::smile2:

14. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    January works for me as well. I'll post up my Jan Sched by the second week of December.

Thx for the movie trailer Ratman. Love that flick. Always finish watching it when I stumble upon it with the remote :smile2:

15. theonecatfishbob

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    The later in January the better the chance I can walk again. I will have to just wait and see. I would like to attend though.

16. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    Bob, what the heck happened to you? I must have missed something. You okay?

17. theonecatfishbob

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    I'm going in on the 15th of December for a bypass surgery on my leg. I have blockage that causes a lot of pain when I walk. They say 5 to 7 days in the hospital and off work for 2 months. It dont sound like its a really serious deal just takes time to heal.

18. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    Well I wish you a speedy recovery Uncle Bob and please don't think that pitty will keep me from taking your money..........again.:big_smile:

19. theonecatfishbob

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    I will not be a crip till the 15th the tourny is over on the 13th. Let the chips fall where they may. I will prolly need the extra money by the way, so I will be quite intense in my efforts. Cant go till next weekend. so you have that long to remain confident

20. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    So let it be written, so let it be done. :smile2:

The Cuz Craft shall Float Again :wink: