Texas-Holdem anyone?

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by olejer, Oct 8, 2009.

1. olejer

olejer New Member

State:
    Herculaneum Mo.
    Well Colleen and I have been talking about having another holdem tournement again.We can do a fall leadfest also if there is enough intrest,but the game is my main focus right now.
    Post up your desires as when,what time,and we we will hash out the food later. we really had a blast last year and would like to get this done before thanksgiving-if enough want to ,As for me
    I'm -ALL In

Last edited: Oct 8, 2009
  2. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Forget the food, we can eat anytime. Heck, I just ate a few days ago, I'm good to go.:wink:

Count me in if at all possible. I know you have no idea what I mean by that, but ask Colleen, or anyone else who works for a living.

Being off on Sunday/Monday does have a tendency to put me out of step with most working folks.:sad2:

3. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis

I CALL!!!! COUNT ME IN JER

4. hillbilly25002000

hillbilly25002000 New Member

State:
    missouri
    im up for a fall leadfest i need some weights for winter

5. DWB

DWB Member

State:
    Missouri
    I'd love to do both. I won' even bother posting my schedule between now and then since it is rather crazy. In short, pick a date and as long as I aint outta town I'll make it--even if it means taking leave.

6. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Sounds like a hoot. If I'm in town I'll be there

7. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    If I have recovered well enough and can scrape up a few bucks I will be there. Prolly wont be able to do any lifting though.

8. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    Jerry, I would love to be there. Sorry I haven't returned your call, I've been working like a damn mule the last few weeks and the last three days have all been 16+ hours a day. Needless to say, my butt is draggin'!

How bout Saturday November 7th? Sarah and I can be there that weekend! :big_smile:

9. olejer

olejer New Member

State:
    Herculaneum Mo.
    there we go --we have 1 date out there that sounds really good to me
    This event is open to ALL gateway members so if you folks want to come dont be shy
    we will probably make it a $20.00 buy in and pot luck, if things go good there might be time for 2 games to be played,and there is always pool if you are like Willy and loose early.The ladies are always welcome to come even if you dont play, Colleen could use the company

POST UP AND lets get this thing going

10. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    The 7th sound good to me, although I wouldn't be able to get there until around 4:30 or so.

Personally, I think the annual leadfest in the late winter is enough. I think this should just be a nice game day.

11. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Also, if members want, why don't we add in a Gateway Meeting? We need to get two new board members nominated and voted on.

12. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    I too like Kutter would be attending later in the afternoon as well, I get off work at 3! :wink::big_smile:

13. Mr Okie

Mr Okie New Member

State:
    Okla/Texas
    The Okie's can do the 7th...Got to have better luck at poker than we did today fishing!!!

14. Dredge

Dredge Member

State:
    Arnold,Missouri
    If Iget out of work early enough,I'll be there

15. DWB

DWB Member

State:
    Missouri
    November 7th works for me!:big_smile:

16. hillbilly25002000

hillbilly25002000 New Member

State:
    missouri
  17. olejer

olejer New Member

State:
    Herculaneum Mo.
    Poker Night:

Well Its a DATE:
    Nov. 7th at our place (in Herculaneum)
    We can start to deal cards @5:00 pm,We have an area in the shop just for smokers and the rest of the downstairs for us non-smokers,it worked well last time. Its B.Y.O.B.,We'll do a pot luck (for the food and snacks)and if your going to eat you should try to bring something to share with the rest.Being unemployed I cant afford to feed you all,(I seen the way some of you put it away)
    The buy in will be $20.00 for your chips and we will pay-out 3 places.The house will NOT be taking a cut and all the proceeds will be awarded to the winners. There will-not be a re-buy in ,Willie (tips will be accepted, "yea that will happen")

Leadfest:
    only a few people showed intrested in this: IF you want to have one AND you have some lead to melt--cause I dont have any- send me a P.M. and we'll try to work something out,to melt lead before the game

Looking Forward to taking your Money!!!
    Jerry and Colleen

18. Mrs Okie

Mrs Okie New Member

State:
    Okla/Illinois
    I have never played Texas Hold um....what time do the lessons start? Who do I need for a teacher....Willie?:confused2:

19. olejer

olejer New Member

State:
    Herculaneum Mo.
    Shucks dont worry bout lessons we make up the rules as we go!
    Willie is -not a good source for lessons (he Lies TOO -much)

20. Andy52

Andy52 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Winfield, Mo.
    Phyllis, if you know how to play 7 card stud,it won't take you long to figure out Texas hold um. I Can't make it though, it's way to far to drive and get up at 3:00 AM the next morning and go to work.