Texas December Blues

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by yaquero, Jan 11, 2006.

1. yaquero

yaquero New Member

State:
    San Marcos, TX
    Hey guys first post here. This is a great site and I look forward to making many more posts in the future. Just started fishing this fall hadn't really had any luck till December when it got cold here (30's). My buddy and I decided to try out a spot that hadn't produced anything except for a channel or two in the previous six or seven trips. So the day after a cold front (12/8) we headed out to the spot on Lake McQueeney here in Texas with a mess of shad.

My buddy was the first to strike with this seven pounder.

[​IMG]

His rod then doubles over a little bit later with this 14 lb fish.

[​IMG]

While he was landing this fish line starts peeling off my rod and a couple of minutes later I land this 15 pounder.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here is a pic of the two fish together. Notice the trotline hook in the side of my fish's mouth.

[​IMG]

Our Schedules work out again on the 17th so we head back out again to the same spot but just end up with this 9 lb fish.

[​IMG]

Two days later on the 19th we head out again. After catching two nice eating size channels I start telling my buddy how we should probably start heading back in and thats probably gonna be all we catch that day, one of my rods bends over. It was dark by this time and without any form of light chaos ensued. I could tell I had I good fish and when I got it to the dock my buddy tried to net it but instead got hung on on the top drop of a two drop leader. While trying to unhook from the net he almost unhooked this fish as well but he finally was able to net him and get him on the bank.

23.75 lb.
    [​IMG]

The application for rod and reel water body record on this fish is in the mail. I know its not big for a blue but hey its still a record.

All fish caught bottom fishing with cut shad from 4 to 6 pm.

Later

2. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    Jon, Welcome to the BOC Bro, Those are some nice cats y'all got. I think as you find your way around here, ya'll find some really good info. Tell us more about fishin' in your neck of the woods.
    We are starting to get a good group of Texas Boys on the BOC now, and That's A Good Thing.

3. stickthrower

stickthrower New Member

State:
    Possum Kingdom Lk, TX
    Good job! Welcome to BOC!
    Frank

4. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    yaquero - Welcome to the B.O.C. Congrat's on the nice cat's you caught. I enjoyed the photo's, I'm a bit jealous up here in Pa. as the weather is much colder than what you have down there in Texas. Please post more photo's of your catches!

5. james

james New Member

State:
    Blue Ridge texa
    Man those are some nice fish. Be nice if it worked out like that for me in Dec. Welcome to the BOC, nice to see another Texas member on here.

6. Coloman

Coloman New Member

State:
    Soddy Daisy, Tn
    Welcome to the Boc Jon. Nice catch!