Texas chainsaw massacre the begining

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by field989, Oct 5, 2006.

1. field989

field989 New Member

State:
    east central indiana
    How good u think this movie will be...

i liked the first one and i think this one looks GREAT and i think it is a MUST See lol

i cant wait

how about you BOC???

2. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I loved the first one(the original).The remake of the first one was good too but you can't beat the original.I can't wait to see this one,It looks killer!

3. field989

field989 New Member

State:
    east central indiana
    lol i never seen the orig.. but i bet it is good.... i thought the remake was great so i bet the new one will be great too !!

4. savage308

savage308 New Member

State:
    Victoria, Texas
    I kinda thought they were going to butcher up a classic movie when the First remake came out. Boy was I wrong.... That was a great movie... Can't wait to go see this one... I don't get to the movies often but this one will be a must see for me....

5. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Looks good, alot of old faces in it. I'm gonna try to get it in this weekend. I'll post if I get too.

6. rebelzgrl76

rebelzgrl76 New Member

State:
    CO
    The single most horrifing thing I can think of is being chased by someone with a chainsaw!! I crindged when I saw the one that came out nearly 2/3 yers ago, I definitely WONT be going to see this one in no theatre :crazy:. Maybe and just maybe, I'll watch it in my own living room in the broad of daylight covered in pillows and covers:big_smile: :lol:

7. dreamer34

dreamer34 New Member

State:
    danville virginia
    being a horror movie buff this is one i will not miss out on....also heard there is a SAW3 coming out too

8. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    That is correct, Saw III is hitting theatres soon.

9. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    The beginning looks excellent. i dont know if itll beat the original or not..when they did the first remake i was pleasentlt surprised at how good it was. Saw 3 looks pretty good the 2nd one with the twist at the end was amazing. i hope the new one doesnt let me down.

10. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    That looks like another killer movie!

11. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    i heard a movie critic on the radio today say to save your money .
    he said its a lot of hype amnd alot of the same old stuff.
    i hope hes wrong .
    was going to see it tonite but we are baby -
    sitting 5 toddlers:eek:oooh: :eek:oooh: :eek:oooh: :eek:oooh: :eek:oooh: :lol: .
    also some one said r lee ______ the sheriff is dead???
    is that true?

he sure played a mean sonofagun .

12. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Did you guys say Saw 3?? NICE, I can't wait. I love movies that give me the creeps. Just a little hard to get to sleep the first time after seeing one of those kind of movies. :lol:

13. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    I am going to go tonight and watch it if all works out. Movie critics kill me, they dont know a good movie half the time when they see one.

I also want to see Artie Langes "Beer League", but it's not playing around me anywhere. grrrrr

14. wishiwasfishin

wishiwasfishin New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I always thought it was a true story butfrom what I been reading it is really to parts of a true story. There was an outbreak of chainsaw murders way bak when{in Texas} and leather face was..well dang I forgot what he done. I'll do some more poking and find out.

As far as the movie goes I think it will be great!

15. wishiwasfishin

State:
    kentucky
    I did find this.

[http://www.chasingthefrog.com/reelfaces/texaschainsaw.php[/URL]

16. wishiwasfishin

State:
    kentucky
    OK I can't get that link to work right but I did a paste and copy and this is pretty much it in a nut shell. I did ready a different version but I can't find it anymore:angry:

Questioning the Story:
    How much of The Texas Chainsaw Massacre is based on the real life murderer Ed Gein?

Despite being heavily touted as "inspired by a true story," both Tobe Hooper's original 1974 film and the 2003 Marcus Nispel remake are only lightly based on the real-life murderer Ed Gein, who is suspected to have taken several victims between 1954 and 1957. Perhaps the most recognizable similarity is the film's house, whose gruesome content was similar to that found in Ed Gein's home (above right) in 1957.
    Did the real Ed Gein ever wear a human's face as a mask like Leatherface did in the film?
    The real Ed Gein did wear a human's scalp and face. The real Ed Gein did this however, to help quell his desire to be a woman, not because of a skin disease as with Leatherface in the film. Also included in his uniform, Ed Gein wore a vest of skin complete with breasts and female genitalia strapped above his own.

Did the real Ed Gein use a chainsaw to kill his victims?

No, both of Ed Gein's identified victims, Mary Hogan and Bernice Worden, were shot with a pistol. In November of 1957, police found Bernice Worden hanging from the rafters in a shed behind Gein's house. Her body had been gutted like that of a deer, and the head had been removed. Ed Gein was also the suspect in several other missing persons. The element of the chainsaw that was added for the film's story once again emphasizes the loose connection of the film to Gein.

Who exactly was Ed Gein and why did he commit such atrocities?

Eddie Gein was the son of Augusta and George Gein. Augusta was a deeply religious woman, who preached the Bible to Eddie and his brother Henry on a daily basis. She warned them about the dangers of loose women, in an effort to keep them from being cast down to hell. She was a strict, hard woman, who never wavered from her own beliefs, which she ingrained into the family. Eddie's father, George, was an alcoholic, and Augusta viewed him as being worthless. She began a grocery business in La Crosse, Wisconsin, and when she had saved enough money she moved the family away from the sin of the city to a farm in Plainfield, Wisconsin. Eddie grew up shy and was ignored by the other kids at school, who saw him as quiet and feminine. If he did try to make friends, his mother scolded him. As a result Eddie turned inward and began to reside in the dark corners of his mind.
    He worshipped his mother, and grew upset when his brother Henry criticized her. On May 16, 1944, while fighting a brush fire near the farm, Eddie and Henry split up and went in different directions. After the fire had been extinguished, Eddie grew concerned because his brother had not returned. When police arrived Eddie lead them directly to his "missing" brother Henry, who was lying dead in an area untouched by the fire with bruises on his head. The shy and seemingly harmless Eddie was quickly dismissed as a suspect, and the coroner listed asphyxiation as the cause of death.
    Were any other films based on Ed Gein?
    Both Norman Bates from Alfred Hitchcock's Psycho (1960) and Buffalo Bill from The Silence of the Lambs (1991) were also loosely based on Ed G

17. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    no wonder they had to come up with a chainsaw and a leatherfaced wildman with butchering skillz:tounge_out: .

eddie g sounded a bit too well sissyfied :lol:

thanks for the story though . i did see it before but its been a while.

the episode where the girl kills herself in the van?
    that is a pretty wild one there .
    the cast of villans from the crippled guy the old store keeper with flies all over the pig meat to the two goony women in the trailer and the badBA$$
    sheriff and lets not forget the little boy with bad teeth jebadiah
    man what a family.
    thats good stuff how would you like to be a fly on their wall????:crazy:

18. wishiwasfishin

State:
    kentucky
    I'd rather take on a bug zapper

19. rebelzgrl76

rebelzgrl76 New Member

State:
    CO
    Ok you guys,

I just got finished watching Saw II and the first thing i done at the beginning when the guy has that 'thing' on.. was get up and put cothes in the drier..:crazy: I couldnt take it:crazy:!

But I really didnt care for it, didnt end right. I thought the first one was better.
    Hope that Saw III isnt just another step in this movie continuing its downhill slide. :confused2:

20. Drawout

Drawout Active Member

State:
    Paris.Texas