Texas Catfishing

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by OpsMan, Apr 30, 2006.

1. OpsMan

OpsMan New Member

State:
    Texas
    Went fishing this past Saturday. Used Cutbait for the first time. I happened to luck in to a bait shop that sells every type of bait you could think of. Started out with a dozen blue gills, a dozens crawdads, and some fresh shad. No luck at all on the blue gills, but I think it is because it was daylight, and primarily a channel cat resivoir. Only one channel on the crawdad. However with the cut bait I caught probably 25 channels, none of them were huge but all good eating size. I learned about cut bait on here so thanks for all the info guys.

2. loki1982

loki1982 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Cut bait is the best producer of quality fish in my opinion. Things like worms, liver, dought baits mgiht produce alot of fish, but for a bit bigger fish cutbait is the way to go. I dont think ive caught a cat over 2-3 pounds on anyhting but cut bait.

3. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    Now that's puting what ya learned from here into action. Great job man.
    What part of the state do ya fish? I've never seen a bait store like yours before.

4. lovetafish76

lovetafish76 New Member

State:
    illinois
  5. RRaider

RRaider Guest

We've never had any luck on crawdads, cut bait or live shad seems to be the way to go.