Terrorists, I Am Coming For You!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Deltalover, Jan 24, 2006.

1. Deltalover

Deltalover New Member

State:
    Tracy Calif
    Dear Terrorists,
    I am a Navy Aviator. I was born and raised in a small town in New England. I come from a family of five. I was raised in a middle class home and taught my values by my mother and father.

My dad worked a series of jobs in finance and my mom took care of us kids. We were not an overly religious family but attended church most Sundays. It was a nice small Episcopal Church. I have a brother and
    sister and I am the youngest in my family. I was the first in many generations to attend college.

I have flown Naval aircraft for 16 years. For me the flying was never a lifelong dream or a "calling," it just happened. I needed a job and I liked the challenge. I continue to do it today because I feel it is important to give back to a nation which has given so much to me. I do it because, although I will never be rich, my family will be comfortable.

I do it because many of my friends have left for the airlines and someone has to do it.

My government has spent millions to train me to fly these
    multi-milliondollar aircraft. I make about 70,000 dollars a year and after 20 years will be offered a pension.

I like baseball but think the players make too much money. I am in awe of firemen and policemen and what they do each day for my community, and like teachers, they just don't get paid enough.

I respect my elders and always use sir or ma'am when addressing a stranger. I'm not sure about kids these days but I think that's normal for every generation.

I tell you all this because when I come for you, I want you to know me. I won't be hiding behind a woman or a child. I won't be disguised or pretending to be something I am not. I will be in a U.S. issue flight suit. I will be wearing standard US issue flight gear, and I will be flying a navy aircraft clearly marked as a US warplane. I wish we could
    meet up close in a small room where I could wrap my hands around your throat and slowly squeeze the life out of you, but unfortunately, you're hiding in a hole in the ground, so we will have to do this a different way.

I want you to know also that I am very good at what I do. I can put a 2,000 lb weapon through a window from 10,000 feet up. I generally only fly at night, so you may want to start sleeping during the day. I am not eager to die for my country but I am willing to sacrifice my life to protect it from animals like you.

I will do everything in my power to ensure no civilians are hurt as I take aim at you.

My countrymen are a forgiving bunch. Many are already forgetting what you did on Sept 11th. But I will not forget!!

I am coming. I hope you know me a little bit better, see you soon...sleep tight.

Signed

A U.S. Navy Pilot

Our Soldiers are one

of our greatest assets!

God Bless

2. Deltalover

Deltalover New Member

State:
    Tracy Calif
    Honoring our fallen Marine

Our community grieves the loss of our fifth U.S. serviceman in the war in Iraq. U.S. Marine Lance Cpl. Brandon Dewey, 20, was killed Friday by a suicide bomber in a car filled with explosives in Al-Anbar Province.

Deaths of American and Iraqi troops and Iraqi civilians by suicide bombers and improvised explosive devices have risen, but they will never be routine. Each death is a tragedy for the family, friends and community and for our nation.

This is not the time or place for political statements. Whether or not we want our servicemen and women there, 153,000 Americans are in Iraq on a mission for our country. We salute their courage and valor.

Lance Cpl. Dewey was one of these American heroes, and on his second tour of duty. He enlisted in the Marines in 2003, and began his first tour in June 2004 and returned home last January. In between, he was wounded in Fallujah during some of the fiercest fighting of the war, for which he was awarded a Purple Heart. He left for his second tour in Iraq with the Third Battalion, First Marines in September and was expected to return in April.

Sorrowfully, he will come home months too early to a 21-gun salute. All who participate in mourning should do so respectfully (this request includes those who may protest the war near his burial site).

Remember that Brandon Dewey was one of Tracy’s children — taking karate lessons, being in Boy Scouts and graduating from West High School in 2003. And remember that shortly thereafter, he became one of America’s proudest by serving his country.

As a close friend of Lance Cpl. Dewey wrote Monday on a condolences blog, “May Brandon live forever in our thoughts, our hearts and memories.”

Besides engraving his name on a column of the Tracy War Memorial, we suggest the city remember Lance Cpl. Dewey by flying the U.S. flags in the Civic Center at half-staff for at least a week.

3. fwmud

fwmud New Member

State:
    Wilson's Mills,nc
    Phillip, great posts bro!
    least we never forget........................

4. tncatfishing

tncatfishing New Member

State:
    clk. tn
    This morning I heard on the radio that 4 service men from the 101st airborne division based in clk. tn were killed this last friday by an ied and a fifth had sustained injuries, such a terrible thing. My heart and prayers go out to our service men and women, also so does my cheers and gratitude.

5. Fatkat

Fatkat New Member

State:
    Blanchester, Ohio
    We salute you, give 'em hell!

6. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    those are words from a very proud american. i will not forget like lots have. i support our efforts overseas reguardless of the reason. every one here talks about them not finding wmd. they forget that a murderess tyrant has been removed from power. and wheather we ever toatlly wipe out the scum in iraq at least were giving it our attention instead of letting them hide and regroup.

7. Deltalover

Deltalover New Member

State:
    Tracy Calif
    Dont let me mislead you! The above was from a Navy pilot, not me! I posted it because of hearing the news today of a young life lost from my hometown, in such a cowardly fashion, as a road bomb, pissed me off!

8. bluecatnut

bluecatnut New Member

State:
    freeburg illinois
    great post i am speachless right now

ooooohhhh rahhaa

9. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    awe inspiring posts.

Thank you

10. Fatkat

Fatkat New Member

State:
    Blanchester, Ohio
    I geuss I misunderstood, still it was a great post, thanks.

11. juniormathis

juniormathis New Member

State:
    verona,ms
    i would like to thank every one who had to go over seas and fight and give their lives so america can say we are a christian nation under one God who is above all and for all especially the men of the boc thanks and thanks again