Terrel Owens: Attempted Suicide

Discussion in 'NFL Talk' started by Dmitri, Sep 27, 2006.

1. Dmitri

Dmitri New Member

State:
    Illinois
    TO was hospitalized this morning after injesting an array of prescription medicines in an attempt at suicide. Even though he didn't die, he had an allergic reaction to one of the pills that made it worse. When asked if he did it on purpose, he said "yes." Nothing else is known about the situation at the moment.

2. Dmitri

Dmitri New Member

State:
    Illinois
    The rescue workers found an empty prescription pain killer med bottle and Owens was popping two more. He said of the 40 pills in the bottle he had only taken 7, but was trying to harm himself.

3. Dmitri

Dmitri New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Now the Media is giving out mixed reports. Some day he was trying to harm himself, others say he just took the wrong pill. They now say it was only one type of medication, but if he had taken 33 pills in the couple months before then, why did he not have an allergic reaction then? There will be a press conference at 2:30 on ESPN, we'll find out then.

4. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Sad, everything going for ya and still not happy.

5. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

Name:
    Unspecified
    Just goes to prove that it takes more than fame, fortune, and great talent to make a person happy...

T. O. will be in our prayers, I'm sure.

6. Dmitri

Dmitri New Member

State:
    Illinois
    He said he did it because he was depressed.

7. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    I'd be depressed to if I had dropped as many passes as he has so far.:angry:

8. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    3 year 25 million dollar contract!!:eek:oooh: The poor guy, I'd be depressed to:crazy: .

9. greg

greg USCA - STAFF Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    GA/ Ia
    I am of the belief that one of his teammate must have done it :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: Everyone knows that everyone is jeleous of him or want to be him:roll_eyes: :roll_eyes:

10. Dmitri

Dmitri New Member

State:
    Illinois
    He played with a broken hand.

In his Press Conference now he is saying it was not a suicide attempt and he did not have an allergic reaction. He took a couple when he got home, then that night after his doctor left he took some more pills with his supplements (multivitamins, creatine, etc) and that he took up to 5 before his friend called 911. He then tried taking two more before going to the hospital. He said he is not depressed but he said that earlier because he was "out of it" and doesn't even remember the police, EMTs, or anyone in his house, or talking to them. It was Hydrocodone. It was an accident.

11. centralcalcat

centralcalcat New Member

State:
    Marion, TX
    The media has a tendency to blow everything out of proportion, because it gets them better ratings if they have a bigger story. Don't believe everything you hear. Even interviews can be sliced and diced on film to back up what they want to report.

I just find it hard to believe that Owens, would do somethign like that. He has always gotten what he has wanted and has always been described in good spirit .

12. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    That is truely a sad situation. I'll keep him on my prayers.