terre haute area fishing

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by Vinup22, Jul 27, 2008.

1. Vinup22

Vinup22 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I'm going to be visiting family in terre haute and I'm taking the boat. Any advice would be appreciated. I've wanted to try out the Wabash. I like catfishing, bass fishing and pan fishing. Ah heck I just like to fish.

2. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Launch your boat at Fairbanks Park west of downtown and run north to the train tressle area. Some nice holes up through there.

3. IndyCatGuy

IndyCatGuy New Member

State:
    Greensburg, IN
    Barry is right about that. I would also check out the left side of the river (as you are going upstream) just above the tressels where the houses are. Nice current and about 25-30' deep there. It is in a bend.

4. Vinup22

Vinup22 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I was up there monday - wednesday and was on the water all day tuesday and tuesday evening till the storms moved in on me. I had a heck of a time trying to get bait. I was fishing for bluegills with no luck and throwing my net looking for shad with no luck. Finally my brother in law brought me down some shiners and I started catfishing in those holes you all told me about. I had a couple runs but came up empty. I did see something busting the top of the water under the 2nd tressel and started throwing a rattle trap in there and caught a 3' Garr. That was fun. The catfish didn't cooperate for what ever reason but I sure appreciate the info. Thanks alot..... I went to Gander MT while I was there and dropped off info on the big catfish tourney our club puts on in sept. Check it out.

5. blazerjet

blazerjet New Member

State:
    indiana
    I fish the same holes friday night all night. Bait was hard. I had some gills and shad. Ran all the way up to second train track also. NO luck caught a 5 ft gar in that deep hole at the first tresle up river. Had one good bit