Terminal Velocity

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by SSG Johnson, Mar 2, 2006.

1. SSG Johnson

SSG Johnson New Member

State:
    Saint Robert Missouri
    Any sky divers out there. We are planning to jump in a couple of weeks I for one have never been able to get off of the umbilical cord so it is my goal to reach terminal Velocity here in the very near Futcher cant wait.

2. gofish

gofish New Member

State:
    Greenville MS
    I wish it was me! Good luck! Tell us all about it when you reach safety again.

3. gater460

gater460 New Member

State:
    eldon,mo
    why would anybody jump out of a perfectly good airplane???????

4. gofish

gofish New Member

State:
    Greenville MS

Come on Bro.....live a little!

5. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Good luck! I know you will have fun, I want to do it one day.:cool:

6. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Greer, SC
    Name:
    Pat Chaney
    I jumped offa the roof once with a towel or a pillow-case for a 'chute. Needless to say, that was the last time I intentionally jumped offa anything :eek: :blink: :eek: However, I hope that you have a blast!!!!

7. SSG Johnson

SSG Johnson New Member

State:
    Saint Robert Missouri
    I have 56 static line jumps and will add a few more to that total before its all said and done but I have allways wanted to free fall since I was a small child. Maybe before long we can have a BOC freefall team.....LOL

8. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    Only static line jumps for me. I became a Jumpmaster in the 82nd starting in 1992. Always wanted to Free Fall, but branched into scuba diving when I went to Egypt :sad:

9. QuincyFisher

QuincyFisher New Member

State:
    Quincy,Illinois
    My uncle was a skydiver until he jumped off our cities mall and screwed up his knee :pHe also invented the parapod if you no what that is.

10. Catbird

Catbird New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, Ohio
    Chuck,
    good luck on the freefall.

11. Fatkat

Fatkat New Member

State:
    Blanchester, Ohio
    :eek: :D
    your butt, lol.:eek: :D

12. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Made 837 freefalls and loved it.You will need about a 10 second delay to reach terminal.I was lucky to be at Ft.Bragg when they had 3 parachute clubs and was a member of the 18th Airborne Corps club.We would have a Huey on week ends so you could make as many jumps as you wanted.I had one rule that stood me in good stead."Pack it slow and don't go low":cool: I also got to do demos that the Golden Knights turned down like the NC State Fair,New Bedford Whaling festival and even did some unit of choice demos for recruiting.Had a great time jumping in to the Etrick Wisconsin harvest festival.Never saw so many beautiful natural Nordic blonds as I did up there.I owned my own chute,packed it mysefl and never had to deploy my reserve.Far safer than driving on our highways.In freefall you can do anything a bird can do EXCEPT go UP.:p :rolleyes: :)

13. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    Checking out your chute man.How else you gonna know if it will work? Even us old Bubble Heads know that.I know what the last thing is that goes through your mind,when you land head first too.Yup,they had chutes on a Polaris submarine that I was on.Some of the guys jumped into forest fires when they were ashore.They said it kept them from getting bored.Have fun and luck to all.At times,I think it would be nice to jump without one.peewee-williams

14. three_rivers

three_rivers New Member

State:
    Tupelo Ar
    Go for it bro!!! I always wanted to try it and if the opportunity ever arises i'm definitely gonna go for it!

15. SSG Johnson

SSG Johnson New Member

State:
    Saint Robert Missouri
    Just got off the phone with the school and looks like it will be in two weeks weather permitting. Class then at 1300 hrs its off to 14000 ft to preform the first of 8 free fall classes. Man I cant tell you how excited I am. Its not cheep I will tell you that but in my case I feel it will be well worth it.

16. beeheck

beeheck New Member

State:
    Iowa / Missouri
    NO, NO, NO... No way would I jump off a perfectly good airplane. They would have to pry my fingers off anything I could grab, I would leave finger groves in the floor showing where they drug me to the door, NO, NO, NO, Lord NO!

17. solomon

solomon New Member

State:
    MS
    Sounds like a lot of fun. I hope it goes well for you, but then, if we get a report, I guess it went pretty well didn't it....

18. SSG Johnson

SSG Johnson New Member

State:
    Saint Robert Missouri
    LOL Im sure it will go well, my dad wants to jump as well as my nephew I cant wait.

19. Chris

Chris New Member

State:
    Spring Hill, Kansas
    A part of my job in the Marine Corps is to pack the pilots parachutes, so far I have experancied 5 pilots that have ejected, We take our time packing the chutes and always use 3 sets of eyes to ensure that its getting done right, because the only time that it would be used next is when the pilot ejects. Its such a great feeling when the pilot comes back to our shop after he has gone through a ejection and shakes your hand.

Chris

"We're the last to let you down!"

20. Deltalover

Deltalover New Member

State:
    Tracy Calif
    I bungee jumped once from a crane and have been wanting to try parachuting! I doubt it will happen though, I'd rather spend the money on fishing!:)