Tents,,, Which ones are Best????

Discussion in 'Camping Talk' started by oh no, Jan 6, 2010.

1. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I thought that maybe some of you folks that tent camp can say why you like your tent,,,,,or,,,, why you don't like your particular tent.

I have been looking at tents on Ebay,,, I want something CHEAP [ cost wise ] and tall enough that I can halfway stand up in to get dressed...

I'm thinking of getting this one as it is almost tall enough and CHEAP..

.http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220536057904&ssPageName=ADME:X:SCO:US:1123

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/Video/ViewVideo.aspx?vtp=1910&a=552367

Just trying to get more idea's,,, I'm thinking other people have good idea's too,,,,

Let's share IDEA'S................

2. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    Have you looked at the straight wall tents. They cost more, but if you use it a lot the extra cost is worth it. Also you have more room in them.

3. Graham

Graham New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    I seriously looked at that Swiss Gear tent last summer. But because we have three kids, we decided to go for two smaller dome tents and give the kids their own. That one is just tall enough for me to get dressed in (I'm 6'2"). The swiss gear stuff is good for the price you pay and if you are only going to use it a few times a year then it would be all you need.

4. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Yes I have looked at all sorts and have several tents here,,,, but I want to be able to stand up and put my pants on,,,,,I really want the cost,,, with shipping and handling to stay under a hundred bucks,,,

The domes I have are maybe 4-5 foot tall,,, I hate crawling around like an animal,,,lol

I don't think there are any wall tents under 100 bucks.

5. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    How did it look up close???

6. Graham

Graham New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    There was one put up at a camp we were on and it looked pretty good. Some of these cheap tents never sit right when you erect them, plus alot of people have no idea how to make them tight so the wind and rain don't make them act like a bowl of jello. This one looked as good as some expensive ones. I was a Venture Scout Leader back in England so I've seen a fair amount of different dome tents. If I was going to buy this one I would definitely get some seam sealer on the fly and replace the stakes with aluminum ones before I used it. But then I would do that on any tent I buy.

7. Catfishboy1995

Catfishboy1995 New Member

State:
    Council Bluffs
    I got qa dom tent at Basspro that is like a rectangle but it is a dome tent..It is 6'5" tall.....andbout 9 foot squared.

8. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I have my own stakes I make out of 3/8 round stock,,,,I camp in TN and their rocky red clay is tough on any tent stakes,,,lol

Thanks for the info,,, I just PayPaled the guy 81 bucks for one,,,,,that's tent and shipping,,, I think that is fair,,,

Retail price is supposed to be 229 for that tent,,, I say Ya Right,,,LOL ,,, but it did look like a nice one.

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/swiss-gear-17x13-family-dome-tent.aspx?a=552367&pn=1

I did not see any bad reviews at that site,,, I'm not sure what that outfits shipping would be,,, I don't think 81 dollars for the tent and shipping is over paying..

9. Graham

Graham New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Sounds like a good deal to me. :Happy:

10. boswifedeb

boswifedeb USCA Jailhouse Lawyer

State:
    Tennessee
    Name:
    Debbie
    Jim, let us know how it does when you set it up - assuming it ever quits snowing!

11. katman#1

katman#1 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    the northwest territory tents do fine for me I have several tents differant sizes we do alot of camping my two room tent seems to be the families favorite tent