Tent Sleeping

Discussion in 'Camping Talk' started by Itch2Scratch, Jan 18, 2007.

1. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    What are your arrangements?

2. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Are you referring to the upcoming Missouri Gathering? As far as sleeping arangements?
    :confused2:

3. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    PK...I would like to see how the BOC folks set up their sleeping arrangements in tents when they camp. I.E. Cots. sleeping bags, both, or whatever they do to make themselves comfortable out there. I am sure there are some ideas to help others in this area.:wink: Not to mention all the different types and styles of sleeping gear that are on the market...LOL

4. GMC FishHauler

GMC FishHauler New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    since i take my wife with me i have twin size airmatress tthat i set up for us.
    It takes about same amount of room as 2 sleeping bags so i figure what the heck, might as well be comfortable

5. troyedm

troyedm New Member

State:
    edmond oklahoma
    to me food and sleep are the main things to make a lake visit good or bad. we always use an air mattress and we always take something to eat and munch on. i don't like coffee grounds in my coffe, so we have one of the new coleman drip makers. they are excellent. other than that we put the canopy up on the boat and fish in the shade. there is nothing like having your own fishing dock on the lake.

6. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Yes the air mattressess do come in mighty handy! And if there is electricy available might bring along a fan in case it's a humid night!:smile2:

7. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    If I go with the family we take the air mattress, but if i'm alone or with a friend i'll usually take my small tent and a roll up pad to place under my sleeping bag.

8. griz

griz Well-Known Member

State:
    Murray Ky.
    Well the older I get the harder it is for me to get up from low places like a sleeping pad, so we got an elevated queen size air mattress. It is 20 inches tall, real comfortable, and the best thing about it is I can get out of it in the mornings.

9. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    I've been thinking of getting one of those myself. The look very comfy! :big_smile:

10. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Itch, when I can talk the wife into camping out. It is a 6 man tent and sleeping bags on top of air mattress and foam for her and I get egg crate foam. the pups each have their own dog bed so the tent is pretty full after the bedding goes in. We have a camper but, when I had a boat I couldn't pull both; for now that is not a problem.

11. Ictalurus Punctatus

Ictalurus Punctatus New Member

State:
    Greensboro, NC
    Well, if the wife is coming along, then the queensized air mattress (I hate the thing personally) is called for. If it's guys weekend for fishing/camping then I just need a sleeping bag on the floor. Maybe a foam pad for insulation if it's going to be cool. Roll up a towel for a pillow, and I sleep like a rock.

Jon

12. bud1110

bud1110 New Member

State:
    East Texas
    I agree with Griz on the elevated bed. We use our every time we camp out. Sure makes sleeping much better, and getting out of the bed is much easier in the morning too. I'm too old to be trying to sleep right on the ground...lol.

We also bring along the important items like:

Fold up tables, that also doubles as a fillet table when needed.

Coleman propane stove and grill.

Electric coffee pot, big fan, and now, a A/C for the tent..Sure is nice on those hot summer nights..lol Rope lights work very well too..

13. punkin570

punkin570 New Member

State:
    MS
    we have full size air mattresses....our larger tent will hold 2 full size mattresses with a walkway down the middle in front of the door....we have outgrown this situation and will be gettin the kids their own tents this year with their own mattresses or cots

14. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    tent & sleeping bag. If your in a lot where your could hook up to water & electric then your not camping. Sorry I like ruffing it. campgrounds arent camping, their just poor accomodations. lol

15. steveg442

steveg442 New Member

State:
    missouri
    I use an air matress. I also pack a small fold-up table to put thing where I can find they easily like glasses, alarm clock, flashlight.

16. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    Seems the earth is getting harder as I get older, between that and the wife, we bought a new pop-up camper last fall.

For me, a good nights sleep was the most important component to a great camping trip. A week in the Oregon mountains Elk hunting and only a thin foam mat brought that point home in the worst way:embarassed: . A quality air mattress is a must, a full size when I could get the wife to go, a single for solo trips. We also use the big blue tubs w/snap lid from Walmart, they keep our stuff together, dry and the lids stay on even in the back of the truck. We also taped a label on the lid that listed the contents of that tub, makes it a whole bunch easier finding stuff.

17. Blue Duck

Blue Duck New Member

State:
    Idaho
    I use a mattress off a lawn chair. Its about 4" thich and works great. Works good in the pickup bed or tent......

18. troyedm

troyedm New Member

State:
    edmond oklahoma
    me too. a bad nights sleep ruins a good camping trip. i here the part of trying to get up from the floor. now that we have gotten older it is time to get the elevated air mat.

19. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    In deer camp, I set up my canvas wall tent, woodstove, carpet, cots, foam pads, the works. That stays set up for about 6 weeks.

The rest of the year, I use a dome tent and Therm-A-Rest pad on the ground. Ya just gotta roll out onto hands and knees, and take it from there.:tounge_out:

20. cattinfever999

cattinfever999 New Member

State:
    KY
    We quit camping a couple of years ago. Vern and I couldn't take sleeping on the ground. That's why I "cheated" last fall and found a trailer. We held on to the tent just in case we go camping again. We bought one of those elevated air mattresses to use just in case.