Tent Problem and Questions

Discussion in 'Camping Talk' started by DoubleG, Jul 29, 2008.

1. DoubleG

DoubleG New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I bought an Ozark Trail 14' x 12' Cabin Tent at Wally World. The tent has two closets. When I opened the box, 1 closet pole was broken and when I was taking it down the other closet pole broke. I contacted the manufacturer and they took my mailing address and said two were on the way. That has been two weeks, NO POLES!!! My questions, Has anyone got one of these or used one and how do you like it? Has anyone had to use the warranty and if so, Did you get the parts and service you expected?

2. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    I must be missing something, Gary. Why don't you just take it back to WM and exchange it?

3. germanmudfish

germanmudfish New Member

State:
    Gray, GA
    that enterprise has a good return policy.:wink:

4. DoubleG

DoubleG New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Thanks guys. I thought of returning it, but they do not stock another one like this and advised me they would not be getting anymore of them. This is after the purchase when I received that info. Wife and I really like the size and features of this tent. If worst come to worst, I could cut replacement closet poles out of old carbon arrows. I am not totally convinced that customer service at tent manufacturer is all it can be.

5. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    I think I have some old poles out in the barn. If you get desperate, check with me, and I may have something you can use.

6. boswifedeb

boswifedeb USCA Jailhouse Lawyer

State:
    Tennessee
    Name:
    Debbie
    I agree. Last spring I purchased a shower tent through Bass Pro mail order. It was missing one pole, and another was bent beyond use. I called and told them, was passed from one person to another. Finally they gave me the manufacturers number (more like the importer!:confused2:) and I was informed that it would be two weeks to get a replacement. Try five weeks. Then, 2 weeks after the first shipment, they sent me some poles that didn't even go to that tent. Needless to say, I kept those for future needs and for my inconvenience!!:wink:

7. Angelkitty

Angelkitty New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    Or do like we did use Duck tape :smile2:. Yep our tent fell apart in Okie state. While at a gathering. Duck Tape and a hammer is all we had.
    But I would contact them again about the parts and see if they are still sending them.

8. derail

derail New Member

State:
    kansas
    I bought an Ozark Trail last summer and had a lot of zipper problems. We had a pole problem with another brand tent a few years back, poles came about six weeks later.

9. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    i got an ozark trail tent three years ago. i have used it 10-11 times at least. had no trouble with it. ya just got to be carful when setting them up. remember where there made. :roll_eyes:

keep at them. send e-mails often. as long as they know your not forgetting about it they should get them to ya.

i would have returned it for another model instead of fooling with the mail in crap. good luck.:wink:

10. DoubleG

DoubleG New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I attempted to contact someone today about the replacement poles. I called 3 different times and never got a person, recording, how you doing or nothing. Phone rang 30 times each call on my end. HKD Global, Ltd. is the name and number listed for "Broken/Missing Parts Please Call". They are located in Washington, Mo. I also sent out an email this morning, No reply as of yet.
    Oh, Thanks for the offer Dave but I guess a couple of carbon arrows are going to be cut up.

11. DoubleG

DoubleG New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I received the new poles on 08/05/08. The replacements are a little different design but quality appears the same. The manufacturer did come through and back up their warranty.

12. steveg442

steveg442 New Member

State:
    missouri
    around here there is a place called Uncle Sam's. They are a military outlet supply. They have a barrel full of old mis-matched poles. I found two of them that fit my hunting blind. If you get the right diameter you can cut the pole to lenght yourself. You might look for some place like this in your area and just replace the poles. The tips are just hot glued on. good luck.

13. corklabus

corklabus New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Glad you got your replacements. If you look in the camping section at Wally-World, they have some sort of carbon replacement rods for tents. However adaptations would be up to your imagination.

14. catoon

catoon Board Clown!

State:
    whiteville
    i have this tent works well for me

15. daeja

daeja New Member

State:
    mississippi
    I was having zipper problems and a friend of mine sprayed them with WD40. It worked great. Also, when the teeth of the zipper get mangled you can take a needle and straighten them out.

16. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Thanks for the tip:wink: