Tennis elbow=casting elbow?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by cook, Aug 22, 2006.

1. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    When doing a lot of other species fishing,I get a sore elbow.I've seen others on the water that wear that strap abut 4 inches below their elbow.
    Do any of you fine members use one?Is so,does it work for you?

What I really need is to turn the clock back about 20 years!!:lol: :lol:

2. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    Believe it or not I have a torn rotator cuff in my shoulder. I don't know if it is sore because of baseball with my 8 year old or throwing my new 12 footers! :confused2:

3. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    You can get tennis elbow and also carpal tunnel. Many old timers up here that fish the beaches for stripers and bluefish dont through plugs and jigs any more cause there bodys are worn down from years of throwing big lures on big poles

4. Big Eli

Big Eli New Member

State:
    Ohio, Clifton
    Yes the straps work. Also get you some Theragesic (sp). Paul Harvy advertizes it. It is pricey but it work WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. SpaceAce

SpaceAce New Member

State:
    w
    Got a torn rotator cuff myself, I did mine weight lifting. Are you going to have the surgery?

6. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    Haven't gone to the doctor. Hoping it will heal.

7. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
    Boy, I hear ya on the 20 years.:crazy: Yes those straps do work. I think they are called tendinitiss splints if you are talking about the ones with a little air bladder in them. I wore one for a couple of weeks to get rid of my aching elbow. I wouldn't believe it if it didn't happen to me. Just down right silly to think a piece of elastic and a plastic air bubble will fix a hurting elbow. Why would someone even think to try it in the first place?:roll_eyes:

ST

8. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    Thanks,All!!
    I'll invest the $ and get one.
    I tried duct tape yesterday,didn't work but I was the coolest looking guy on the lake!!:big_smile: :big_smile:

9. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
    Dang, that should have worked.:big_smile:

st