Tennessee Wild Side Catfish 4/22

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by rsimms, Apr 22, 2006.

1. rsimms

rsimms New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    We shot a story for the Tennessee Wild Side TV Program (http://www.tnwildside.org) today. Our target - trophy catfish. We caught a ton of fish! Joined by TWRA wildlife guy Greg Atchley and in a 2nd boat, Doug Williams & Tim Bryant from Cleveland. Biggest we (Tim) caught was 20 lbs., not the big fish we wanted, but a trophy by many folks' frame of reference. But we caught a boatload of 8, 10 & 12 pounders. Should make a good show.... also got great footage of guy fishing the Walmart Bass Tournament. They told us they had five fish, about 13 lbs. and came below the dam to try and tag a couple of big smallmouth to kick with. Well, while we were sitting there talking, one of them tagged one. Great fish, great fight and the guy went nuts when the fish hit the bottom of the boat. Probably a 4.5 or 5 lb. smallie. I didn't think to get the guy's name but his fight will make great video footage. I'll find some way to work it into our catfish story.

2. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Good deal richard. On the bass fisherman you could always say he was fishing for some bait. Sounds like you had a great day.

3. TNcat

TNcat New Member

State:
    TN
    Richard that it is great!!!!!!!!!!!!! Recently " acouple of months ago " they had a good segment on TN wildside about catfishing I think they were on the Cumbeland but not for sure. Are you hearing or seeing anything down there yet about any flatheads?

4. rsimms

rsimms New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    We've caught a few flatheads... my daughter caught a 22 lb (see pic). I really don't target flatheads and usually just pick up a few incidentals when I'm fishing for big blues.

Attached Files: