Tennessee Trip

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Live Baiter, Mar 15, 2007.

1. Live Baiter

Live Baiter New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    A friend and I took our chances on some stripped bass early this week in Tennessee. We caught a few decent ones...but I also wanted to try for any thing big that would bite. I did manage to trick a few cats into bitting. Here are some pictures...this was the biggest I caught, he wieghed in at 65 pounds this is what you want come Saturday... I wont be able to fish the tournament....Good Luck to all of you. It's going to be intresting to see what stringer wins the tournament. The two biggest stripers in the picture's weighed in at 25 pounds and 15 pounds. DSC00404.jpg

Attached Files:

2. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Great catch................

3. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    congrates eric. you dont make a lot of post but boy when you do its nice and yes that one would be nice come saturday. weather mans making it tuff on us but it is what it is. you forgot where?...:lol: o yea tennesse right....:wink: so a 89 and now a 65 whats next for the state record holder? congrates again!

4. Beaufort

Beaufort New Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    Eric were did u fish in tennesee.

5. Lngbo

Lngbo New Member

State:
    Marion Ark
    Looks like you had a real good day Eric, way to go Brother

6. Live Baiter

Live Baiter New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    we fished lake norris

7. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Eric thanks for sharing that pic. Great striper. Bet you had a good fight.:cool2: :big_smile:

8. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Thanks for the pictures!

Take care.
    Cheryl

9. price

price New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    That must have been a "transported" blue into Norris. The TWRA stated to me that there are no blue sin Norris only flatheads and channels. Blues also have never been stocked there. Prob. caught out of the TN River and rode over to Norris. Who cares though as long as he was transported into your boat.

10. catrod

catrod New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I think it's funny Eric catches the N.C. record blue cat and people doubt him, then its official! Eric goes for stripers in TN and catches a very large blue and people still doubt him! Don't worry about it Eric, you cant please everybody all the time! Keep up the great work!

11. price

price New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I see that he caught the fish so there is no doubt. I just know that there are cat tournaments at Norris, and there is NEVER a blue caught. Always channels and flatheads. The TWRA also stated no blues in Norris, and they have never been stocked. A 60+ blue in Norris was either caught somewhere else or "moved" from the TN River to Norris. I really don't care one way or the other. Norris striper fishery has also ben decimated lately also. This was brought up last month in the TN Sportsman. The lake lacks nutrients ands the striper population has been hammered there. I also know that sriper guys are tight lipped about where they caught there fish. If I was wise I would do the same. I have started telling people that all catch all my big blues from a 75ft hole near the dam at Lake Hickory. I tell them that the place is loaded with giagantic blues. The next week 50 boats would be near the dam fishing for cats even though Lake Hickory has no blues. I know how guys are and so does Live baiter.