Tennessee River

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY RIVERS TALK' started by FlatCatMan, May 6, 2008.

1. FlatCatMan

FlatCatMan New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Does anybody on here do much fishing on the TN around Calvert City? I am looking to schedule a job there, and due to the fact that it will take a few days to complete, I just might have to bring my poles along! It will have to be bank fishing due to the fact that they might not like me to pull a boat behind the work van! Thanks in advance for any info!

2. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Might try Barkley dam its not much further . I never did well there and I think they are still working on the dam and don't know if there is any bank access there right now

3. Southwind

Southwind New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Hay Jason I don't know when you were going to Calvert City, but like Lance said if you will drive over to Barkley Dam about 2 or 3 miles from Ky Dam and there is all kinds of bank fishing below the dam on both sides of the river.
    Good luck.

4. FlatCatMan

FlatCatMan New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I just heard back from my customer down there and will be getting the job set up as soon as possible. How far is Barkley dam from where I will be. I do not know the area very well, but I would hate to be down there and NOT try to catch some fish. I will post the dates as soon as I get them in case anybody wants to meet up and do a little fishing. Isn't Barkley dam a good place to catch skip-jacks? We don't have them anywhere around me, so if they are there, I might have to bring a few home to try.

5. griz

griz Well-Known Member

State:
    Murray Ky.
    Lake City is right between the two dams, it's about 8.5 miles from Calvert City. The dams are just a couple miles apart. There is shore access at both of them.

6. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Sorry brother, I am not familar with the area. Good luck though

7. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I don't know if the jacks are still in there thick take some little jigs if they are in there you should be able to catch them especially if they are generating .

8. FlatCatMan

FlatCatMan New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Well, the date is set. I will be driving down there on Sunday the 13th and staying for at least a few days. If anybody in the area wants to get together and do some fishing let me know and we can get something worked out.