Tennessee River/Pickwick Dam Report 07/29

Discussion in 'TENNESSEE RIVERS TALK' started by ronnycl, Jul 30, 2006.

1. ronnycl

ronnycl Member

State:
    NW/MS
    Well, I fished below the dam on Sat. and it was very slow. I fished 7 hours weathered the storm and did not get one bite. I ran into a guy that fished 12 hours with one fish. Cut bait not the choice of bait for the day, but I'll try again another day.

2. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Welcome to the board Ronnycl. Thats some good looking water. I worked the power plant out of Shefield Al. a couple yearsago. I didn't have time to fish pick wwick. someday i am going to .

3. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Its about turned into the dead sea. The fish are there. but most is being caught using trot lines and soured shad or skipjack. You can wear them out doing that or jugs. and not catch a fish on a rod and reel.
    Hope it gets better.
    Have been catching some channel cats in yellow creek on small minnows.
    Pete

4. rwilley3

rwilley3 New Member

State:
    Brighton, Tenne
    Hey Pete
    Are you able to get any skippies up there? We are struggling bad this year on the MS. All we can get is ones about 8" long and are in bad need of bait?

5. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Better luck next time brother, just got to find out when they are hungry.

6. King of the Shad

King of the Shad New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Man it is so funny up at pickwick. When they turn the turbines on I see about 200 people head down to the catwalk at the dam. It is like a swarm.

7. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Man this is late. But from what I have been hearing there small about like there.. But still catching some. I will let you know as I hope to make it up there Monday and camp for a few days.
    Been out of town.
    Pete