Tennessee River, New Johnsonville

Discussion in 'TENNESSEE RIVERS TALK' started by TNVOLCAT, Oct 15, 2007.

1. TNVOLCAT

TNVOLCAT New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I was wondering if any of you have fished that area recently or if you had any trouble getting a boat launched. I haven't fished that area in several years and remember having a hard time getting boat launched through the shallow backwater that leads from ramp to river when river is low. I assume the Tenn. is low since the Cumb. is? Any info appreciated, Thanks!

2. Catwagon

Catwagon New Member

State:
    Justin, TX
    It's all low of course, but me and others can still launch boats there fairly easily. I sure wouldn't stray out of the channels though.

When out on the main river be careful of the moss as much as you would be the shallow water areas. The moss is incredibly thick and you could stop up your water pump without too much trouble.

Steve

3. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Steve I keep hearing about the guys that catch lots of crappie there around the warm water discharge. Anything to that in the cold weather?
    Pete

4. shadguts

shadguts New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Pete I have never tried it but have seen guys catch lots of crappie there this past Feb when I was trying to catch cats. They where fishing in the steam plant along the rocks. Must be something to it because there were several people crappie fishing those days. Man it was cold!

5. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Thanks I will keep that in mind. Sure wish we had a warm water discharge close to Pickwick.
    Pete