Tennessee River Marathon!

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by BassMassey, May 25, 2009.

1. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    Met up with Bumper yesterday afternoon, we loaded up with about 38 bream and a few smaller sized bass and headed to the river. Put in and were anchored in our first spot around 8pm. The action was fast to begin the night......with two fish in the boat before we even had three lines out! This action continued for the next two anchor spots until around 11 pm when we were forced to fish up under a bridge due to the rain...At this point we already had boated over 100 lbs of fish....not any real bigguns, but about a 20 lb average i would say. After the rain quit the current died down too...fishing was slow during the wee hours of the night with a fish here and a fish there. We found a good morning bite soon after sun-up and boated 8 more fish in quick fashion. The bite stayed pretty steady as we moved spots all morning......we didn't stop fishing until around 2 pm this afternoon....18 hrs! We boated 23 fish total, with a total net weight of 330 LBS! Big fish was only 25 lbs......but it was a blast.......best day i've had for numbers ever. We had a great time bs'n and telling lies about previous fishing trips....here's a couple pics.......I had a really good pic of a doubler we had, but somehow I deleted it....

Attached Files:

2. bradley_G

bradley_G New Member

State:
    Woodstock, GA
    nice trip! hopefully soon we can break the curse of the 3 B's (bumper bassmassey bradley_G).

3. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Good job Aaron!

That Bumper is a nice guy!

4. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Great report and pics Aaron! :cool2: Congrats on the excellent trip! Your fishin' with the big dogs when you hook up with Bumper! :wink:

5. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    Wow, looks like the action changed from the last trip! Congrats to both of you on such a great trip! Man, 18 hours is pretty hardcore.

6. BassMassey

State:
    Oconee
    Yeah, it was a good time........they were biting right up until we left....our last anchor we were using old washed up bait and still caught 2 fish....if we had more bait and some jr. bacon cheeseburgers we mighta stayed another night.....lmao

7. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Bassmassey, you sure get around!! That's the best way to get good catches though. Go WHERE the fish ARE! The spawn has them knocked off around here for now.

BB in SC

8. BassMassey

State:
    Oconee
    I still wanna get back down to the peedee sometime this summer.....see if we can pull a 24 hour fishin' shift?

9. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    We'll do it!

BB

10. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Nice fish.

11. bream reaper