Tennessee River fishing

Discussion in 'TENNESSEE RIVERS TALK' started by TNVOLCAT, Jul 10, 2006.

1. TNVOLCAT

TNVOLCAT New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Do any of my Tenn. brothers out there do any catfishing on the Tenn. river from the I-40 bridge north to New Johnsonville? I used to fish that stretch several years ago with my late grandfather and was wondering if any good fish were being caught in that area.

2. Michael

Michael New Member

State:
    Clarksville TN
    iv'e been out there about 5 times since march and it's been alittle slow for me but it should pick up since they are getting off spawn now

3. TNVOLCAT

TNVOLCAT New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Michael, thanks for the reply. We used to have the best luck around the mouth of the Duck River in that big bend on the Tenn. River. Like I said, I use to fish that area, mainly from Cuba Landing up to Birdsong. It's probably been over 10 years since I've fished around there. My grandparents had a cabin up at Eagle Creek off the main river. They sold the place when I was 17 or 18. I spent many summers and lots of weekends throughout the years at that place.

4. MOOSE3.5

MOOSE3.5 New Member

State:
    Mid/West TN
    TNVOLCAT, let me know pretty quick if you are going with us Saturday night. It should be a good time. Probably gonna put out about 50 yo yo's and 50 jugs. Probably do a little bass fishing as well if we have time. Just want to make sure I leave room for you in the boat. :smile2:

5. TNVOLCAT

TNVOLCAT New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    MOOSE3.5, I sent you a p.m. I'm still pondering whether I could handle another late nighter this soon!

6. MOOSE3.5

MOOSE3.5 New Member

State:
    Mid/West TN
    Got it and PM back at you. Come on buddy I promise it will be fun and we'll both make it back in time for Church the next day.

7. my4x4awd

my4x4awd New Member

State:
    TN
    That’s one of my fishing areas. I haven’t been up there this season cause I have boat trouble. But, there are some flats between the islands going north out of Cuba landing. I have caught them up near banks 6-10 ft of water. I usually have good luck near the channel early evening. You won't have to go up more that about 3/4 mile and there is a channel marker right near the (I think) second island. Also watch out or you hang some of the "unmarked and probably illegal trot lines" across the channel if you are deep. Also I lost the largest fish I ever hooked fishing with bluegills last fall. Good luck let me know how you do! Craig

8. TNVOLCAT

TNVOLCAT New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Craig, thanks for the info! We mainly fish the Cumberland River, it's a little closer drive for us. But I definately try to get on the Tennessee River a few times a year. And, if I hadn't already said it, Welcome to the B.O.C. !