Tennessee river fishermen/soldier

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by bearsfan, May 9, 2007.

1. bearsfan

bearsfan New Member

State:
    north carolina
    A couple weeks ago there was a situation that killed nine of our soldiers in Iraq. Micheal Rodriguez a 82nd Airborne soldier was among them. He was the son of some good people in my fire department. He was also one of our troops who are willing to sacrifice for popular and unpopular operations. he fished the tennessee river as a kid and fell in love with that river. He requested his ashes be scattered in the river. There is just something different about river fishermen. The journey from North Carolina to Tennessee is happening this week. I tell you this because if any of you are like me you would like to know. hopefully, anyone that reads this will remember to be thankful for everyday that we get to spend on this nations rivers. Tennessee river fishermen one of our own in multiple ways is part of your river. If you are a soldier or once were thanks for showing up to work and taking care of business. God Bless

2. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Great post! Sorry for your loss.

3. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    See if you can find out which section of the river this is going to happen and what day of the arrival if you can.

It was on may the 8th 1967 when I lost my best friend and comrade in south Viet Nam . we got ambushed at 0800 and I can still see his smiling face today.:sad2:

4. GoFish_Tony

GoFish_Tony New Member

State:
    Big Rock, IL
    I am saddened for the family and friends of Micheal Rodriguez as well as for the families of those other 8 men. We as a Nation, lost 9 great men.

Attached are two pictures that I took while visiting Fort Bragg, North Carolina. (Home of the 82nd Airborne.)

God bless all our men and women in uniform.

Tony
    _

Attached Files:

5. rwilley3

rwilley3 New Member

State:
    Brighton, Tenne
    Thanks from me and my family for those who served and lost their lives doing it as well as those whose have served in the past or are now defending our country and standing up to those things that make America the greatest country in the world.

6. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I totally agree with rwilley! We are so very blessed to live in the USA. I am deeply saddened to hear of another who has laid down their life willingly so I and my family can be free! May God Bless and Strengthen his family in their deep sadness and loss!:sad2:

7. slipbobber

slipbobber New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    nice post very touching...soldier here also..3-7th cav GARRY OWEN 3rd ID. FT Stewart Ga 95-01... Soldiers and river fisherman share a certain bond with each other. Sorta like this site a BROTHERHOOD...

8. jcara3043

jcara3043 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    We all share in the precious loss of someones life. I understand man I did 4 tours over there and I made it home......not in one piece. But I am here.
    My Respects to the family of the Fallen.
    I am retired now and it just aches my heart to see and hear that we loose soldiers every day. I have lost soldiers too and know too well the pain of having to inform the families and especially the children.
    For the MEN and WOMEN who have lost their lives Defending Our Country GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR FAMILIES.