Tennessee River Blues

Discussion in 'GEORGIA RIVERS TALK' started by ne12dawds, Mar 26, 2009.

1. ne12dawds

ne12dawds New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Hey there everyone! I’m planning on taking my boat up to the Tennessee River for the first time and was hoping that some of you could give me some advice on where to go. I’m not asking for GPS coordinates; just some general advice would be great!
    Thanks and good luck fishing!

2. bradley_G

bradley_G New Member

State:
    Woodstock, GA
    I dont know if I have heard of a bad place to fish on the TN river. Its definately the best fishery I've ever fished.

3. puddle jumper

puddle jumper Well-Known Member

State:
    NW.Georgia
    Hi Steve,
    and welcome to the BOC..:wink:
    Save this link the your favs,," http://lakeinfo.tva.gov/htbin/lakeinfo?site=CHH&DataType=All&submit=View+info " A lot of times the differance between a good day and a bad day is weather they are running water up there, fisn the Saquya Nuke "spelling" plant juat above chattanooga and go camp out around where the water discharges back into the river, bottom bounce or anchor,, fish cut brim, chicken breast, or cut Skipjack if you have it, on the bottom and hold on, usually a piece about 3"x3" is a good place to start for size of bait, if you have rod holders get the bigest Gami circle hooks you can fing with about 3 or4oz of weight, carolina rig them or three way rig them both work best," I use the three way that ive modified a little" PLACE THE RODS IN THE HOLDER AND DONT TOUCH THEM UNTILL THE ROD IS LOADED, then pick the rod up and just reel,.,this should get you started with the catching some of the others on here might be able to lead you to the monster fish,, im still trying to figure them out ..:confused2:
    Good luck, post lots of pictures
    and let us know how you do,,,
    Puddle

4. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
    John has given you some good advice. No matter which lake on the TN River I fish, I prefer the upstream and downstream dams to be operating 2 or more generators at the same time. This creates more current and seems to lead to more and bigger fish for me. You can check the link John gave you and you can also call 1-800-238-2264 for TVA info on the lakes and dams. As far as where to go, all the TN River lakes produce good numbers and size catfish. Any structure, deeper water, or current break could be worth a try. Good luck fishin' to you too.

5. ne12dawds

ne12dawds New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Thanks for the great info guys! I'm sure it will help others as well...