Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A picture of a nice blue caught on the Tennessee River Saturday. My PB. Was a lot of fun. The Boga grip only weighs 60 and this fish bottomed out. I'd say a conservative estimate is 65, 68 or so. I think he measured 38 length and 34 girth. Hasnt missed many meals.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,336 Posts
Nice fish there.
I have caught thousands of fish there where yours came from.
WE wear the eating size fish out there about this time next month. We have nice days of 100-150 lb+ days and the fish average 2 lbs or so and do that in 3 hours or so.
Also theres some real hogs in that hole also. I know you enjoyed the trip.
Way to go.
Pete

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Caught my PB about a month ago and could not get a good pic or a weight , somewhere around 30-35 I think, 38" long, Man it stinks not knowing for sure..:cool2:

Puddle...

·
Registered
242 Posts
Great Fish! Congratulations!

If your scale isn't large enough, use this formula. I guarantee it will provide an accurate weight give or take a couple of pounds.

Length x girth x girth (divided by) 800 = Fish's Weight

For instance, blue cat 48 inches long w/30 inch girth.

48 x 30 x 30 (divided by) 800 = 54 lbs.

Check it out the next time you have a scale to compare to and you'll be surprised how accurate it is.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Great Fish! Congratulations!

If your scale isn't large enough, use this formula. I guarantee it will provide an accurate weight give or take a couple of pounds.

Length x girth x girth (divided by) 800 = Fish's Weight

For instance, blue cat 48 inches long w/30 inch girth.

48 x 30 x 30 (divided by) 800 = 54 lbs.

Check it out the next time you have a scale to compare to and you'll be surprised how accurate it is.
That would make the ole blue 69.36lbs.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.