Tennessee Catfishing Report

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by cumberlandcat, Sep 20, 2007.

1. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Is anyone fishing out there. I know it has been pretty hot,and the weather has made it hard for me to get out but I think the weather has finally broke, and I am going to start hittin it hard again. Just trying to get a few threads up. I was able to get out last week and get a few 15's and 20's and a 36. I gotta hunt down some skip jack again. I went through a lot, I may try to hit cheatam dam again I was able to round up a few last time I went.

2. rwilley3

rwilley3 New Member

State:
    Brighton, Tenne
    I have been going every Sat(and some other days when I could) about all summer. Been doing a lot more fishing than catching though I must admit. The water temp here in the MS RIver dropped about 10 degrees this last rise we went through from all the flooding up north. This past Sat it was down to 78(had been 89 about 2 weeks before). With the water though came trash and muddy water. It is about to get back down and should start clearing up. Last Sat we fished a few hours and managed a 9,11 and 28. I am going to try and fish Sat afternoon after I take my son bowhunting that morning.

3. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I have been wanting to hit the miss for a while now. The only place I have fished the miss is in minnesota, the fish are a lot smaller up there and I never saw a blue come out of the water either. We would get into some nice channels though 10's and 15's were pretty common.

4. Cattledogz

Cattledogz New Member

State:
    NC
    Hey Chris,
    You ought to join us at the Pickwick Gathering! Many of us will be getting there a week from today and staying until Sunday, Sept. 30. Going to be a great time had by all that attend!

5. wannafish

wannafish New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    we are headed out tomorrow after work and Sunday morning .Tomorrow I am taking my daughter for blue gills ...trying to get her interested.Sunday we will try for cats .All we have is frozen bait , so?We have yet to catch a cat from the boat...was hopin for the Sept trip to learn something new, but since that was off I didn't get new lights wired up yet so am stuck day fishing for now.

6. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Well good luck to ya, I have caught just as many if not more cats in the day as I have at night. You should be fine.

I would love to make it to the big trip but I am in a wedding that weekend I will try to make the next one.

7. Puddycat

Puddycat New Member

State:
    Clarksville,TN
    With the weather staring to cool down now, you will be just as likely to catch the blues during the day as you will at night. The cooler it gets the better the blues will be all the way through winter. I will still be trying to target night time flatheads until the end of October on the Cumberland, after that its blues all winter. If you can handle the cold temps. they will make it worth your while.

8. TN-CATFISHER

TN-CATFISHER New Member

State:
    Cannon County, Middle TN
    I just got back from my first trip to Nickajack dam. I fished below the dam. I tried around both locks, below the dam swirls with the turbines on, everything. I tried medium-large shrimp and frozen skipjack. I think I had one good hit, but that was it. I'm a little discouraged, but I'll be back. If there's anyone familiar, or unfamiliar with the area for that matter, that wants to make a trip there let me know. It's about an hour and a half drive for me.

9. shadguts

shadguts New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I have fished about every weekend and a few week days all summer. Much like Roger I have done more fishing than catching. I have had plenty of fun catching skipjack for the winter. That is a blast in itself. I've caught some nice fish in the tenn this year but no monsters. I finally got a chance to fish the miss a week ago and enjoyed it. I am planing on going back sat or sun. I have caught more fish this year from lakes but the river fishing is were i want to be. I would like to come your way and try the cumberland just hadnt wanted to bad enough for the drive. It is about 2 hours to clarksville and nashville from here, but one day.

10. canepole

canepole New Member

State:
    Woodlawn Tennessee
    I went down to the Dam saturday and caught me some skipjacks, And then went out just before dark and got this one here, I didn't have my digital camera with me so I had to use my phone camera and a spotlite.He put up a good fight. He weighed 40.90 on my Coffee Scales

Attached Files:

11. rwilley3

rwilley3 New Member

State:
    Brighton, Tenne
    Way to go the Tom
    I need me one of those about right now. This has been a tough summer for me as far as number or big fish. I am going to try and get me some fresh bait Sat and see if that will help. The stuff I am using lately is about 2 months old so hopefully I can get some fresher bait and have some better luck the next few weeks

12. catfishbill33

catfishbill33 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, TN
    Hey Tom that a good one.
    Sure wish I could have been there to hand you the net....LOL

We are proud of you
    thanks for sharing
    mr smith

13. canepole

canepole New Member

State:
    Woodlawn Tennessee
    Mr,Smith that joker was a fighter and didn't want to come in the boat,Steve was with me and When he finaly came to the top he flopped that big tail. and Steve got soaked.

Rwilley3, If you head down to Cheatham Dam and get there just before day light you should be able to get you some skipjacks. they will uasaly turn on for alittle while and then just turn completly off. Another place you might be able to find them is at cub creek down there in the bellwood area.Let me know how you do...And I wish you luck.